Wheat-free breakfast ideas?

Options
Getting really sick of eggs. Ideas please? And details are appreciated - don't just say Oatmeal... What's your fave toppings or prep technique?

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit

Rice or corn chex

I am gluten free, so I understand!
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie
    - banana
    -frozen;
    -strawberries
    -peaches
    -raspberries
    -blueberries
    -plain yogurt
    -OJ
    -scoop of protein powder

I am full afterwards for hours.
  • nsalerno90
    Options
    Fresh fruit, greek yogurt, some meat or cheese and chex cereal. I have tried the gluten free waffles but they aren't very good. I eat oatmeal in the winter but get tired of that too. I also eat peanut butter on sliced apples or make a protein smoothie. Breakfast is definitely the time that I miss my toast the most. I don't have celiac so I can get away with Ezekial bread from time to time with no bad effects. Hope this helps.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. The old fashioned, not quick oats. I cook 1/2 cup with 1 cup of water for 3 minutes. Here are some of my toppings.

Any fresh or frozen fruit. If I'm pressed for time I will put 1/2 cup of frozen fruit in the microwave for 45 secs and then mash it with the bottom of a cup.

1/2 tsp cinnamon, Tablespoon of almonds and a bit of Splenda

Mashed fresh or frozen Strawberries and 1/2 tsp flax seed

Blueberries and cinnamon

Bananas, walnuts and cinnamon. One of my faves. It tastes just like banana bread.

Craisins, cinnamon and nuts.

I have also heard that overnight, refrigerator oatmeal is awesome but I haven't tried it yet.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, blueberries and flaxseed.
    Smoked salmon with asparagus
    Smoked mackerel with tomatoes
    Cottage cheese with honeydew or cantaloupe melon
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    We use Pamelas flour blend and make pancakes with blackberry syrup. Pamelas is an almond meal blend.

We also roast potatoes and have a piece of bacon and eggs. Thats our weekend special. I like scrambled eggs with nutmeg in them though. It kinda spices them up.

Chex cereal is a decent breakfast if your a cereal kinda person. Once in awhile we make our own granola. Then you can add anything you like. My favorite granola mix has cashews, prunes, dates, flax seed and a mixture of maple syrup in it with a bit off dried ginger. I don't have a recipe to follow though..
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Spelt flakes. Similar to oatmeal, but I prefer the texture. I usually top it with goji berries, honey, and chia seeds.

On weekends I usually have eggs and toast (rye or kamut bread), but you said no eggs...
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Quesadilla on corn tortillas
    Greek yogurt with GF granola ( I like Udi's cranberry)
    Cheese grits
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I am an exclusively oatmeal kinda girl! Here are my two favorite ways to prepare it.

1) overnight oats: 1/3 c oats, 2/3 c almond milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 scoop protein powder. Mix and put in the fridge overnight. In the morning serve it with sliced banana or berries and drizzle with peanut butter or almond butter

2) regular oats: 1/2 c oats, 1 c water, 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxseed, and a pinch of cinnamon. Microwave for 1 min 45 seconds. Any sort of fruit, chopped nuts, nut butter, jam, or syrup can go on top.
  • bluefairy1
    bluefairy1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wheat free pancakes! Throw those oats in the food processor and make oat flour
    1 Cup oat flour
    1 egg
    1tsp oil
    1/4cup greek yogurt
    3/4cup water
    1tsp baking powder
    dash salt

mix cook and enjoy :-)
  • mickie_on_my_way
    mickie_on_my_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    coconut milk smoothie - cup of canned, full-fat coconut milk, banana, cup of frozen (or fresh) fruit, cinnamon, ice
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 cup of Thia rice and it keeps me full for 4 hours, also I smash some pinto beans with a little salsa and roll in corn tortilla at night pop in the micro for 40 sec and off I go.
  • kimkooks
    kimkooks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins! I make mine in a metal muffin pan. Add whatever veggies you like, a bit of cheese, some meat and beaten eggs. I use 7 eggs to make 9 muffins and they are 99 calories a muffin. No gluten, high in protein, very filling and they keep for about a week in the fridge.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal mixed with flavored apple sauces.
    Cottage cheese and blueberries.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    I've been having half a banana (all mashed up) 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 scoop of pea protein powder all mixed together. It works out to be like a thick spread. I out it on those corn rice cake thins (the brand is Real Foods) or I get buckwheat or quinoa flat cracker breads (the brand is Organ) It's just under 300 calories and pretty filling. I have a hard time finding gluten free options as well.
  • rissy3403
    rissy3403 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've recently been trying to change the way I view breakfast, trying to get more veggies in my diet. My favorites have been:

A green smoothie: kale, celery, broccoli, cucumber, frozen berries, vanilla protein powder, and 1 c. of almond milk for a few mins. in the blender. Whatever combo of green veggies I have works.

Black beans (the canned "spicy black beans" at Whole Foods are really good - flavorful but not too spicy), steamed spinach (or kale or broccoli), and 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese. I usually have the veggies steamed ahead of time, so I just throw the ingredients into a bowl and stick it in the microwave for 2 mins. Some times I add hot sauce. Sometimes I have the beans and veggies with eggs instead of cheese.

Smoked salmon platter with cream cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and capers.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon check is fantastic... Good breakfast with the cinnamon for that yummy taste..... Udi's also has come bagels that are good....Check our their full line.....I have found that Krogers has the line.. Don't know if there is a Krogers near you but you can try a health food store...