New, Middle Aged, Fighting the Spread

Options
Hi,

I am new to the board. What a great resource! Wanted to introduce myself.

I used to be a fitness instructor, but I had a bad five years or so and lost my health in a number of ways. I am climbing back out of that abyss and am going to get in shape again.

I did caliper measurements yesterday and found out that I am 1/4 fat. Wow. First time in my life.I don't have a lot to lose. It is a weird skinny fat. Unhealthy stuff over a bony skeleton of lost muscle. Mostly want to replace the fat with muscle. I have been weight training and doing cardio for 12 weeks. Today I start tweaking what I eat. I could use some support, so a nice guy over at bodybuilding.com told me to come over here, so I did.

I am not obsessed with scale or weight loss. I just really need to change my fitness level and put some muscle back while losing a few pounds of fat. It is slow going. My normal eating doesn't work anymore. I have an autoimmune thyroid disease, which does make losing hard.

Replies

• Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    Hi. Good luck with your goals. I'm sure you can do it. :)
  • CarolxJxThompson
    CarolxJxThompson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Being a former fitness instructor, I'm sure you are going to be focused and this done.
  • Dawnlandia
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I just started Jamie Eason's 12 week program yesterday, and her eating plan today. So far, I am eating plenty. Feel totally full. Did chest and triceps last night and it was a good workout. I am really happy with this program so far. Dies not feel like a diet.