How can i be less stressed?

Options
2»

Replies

• haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I get a monthly massage. That helps! I also relax with a yummy cup of tea(you should try Tisano cacao tea! YUM! It relaxes me so much)

i will see if i can get that :) thank you
  • haylz247
    Options
    The best way to be less stressed is to remove the stressors from your life if possible - whether they are mental or physical.

Remember that physical exercise causes stress as well, your body responds to both mental and physical stress by releasing cortisol. Cortisol levels jump from both cardio and strength training, and take several hours to return to normal levels. (This is also why it's better to not exercise/get stressed out right before bed as cortisol interferes with fat oxidation while you are sleeping).

If you are stressing about minor things, you may need a distraction/hobby/activity to keep you from worrying needlessly.

Alternatively, maybe you need to spend time alone with your thoughts and let them come to rest. Yoga and/or meditation are two great ways to "center" and reduce stress.

There's no one true answer because everyone is different, but I hope this info helps. :)

I may have to try yoga. Seems popular!

So all this exericse is causing spots? Knew weight loss had cons! lol I exercise in the morning/early afternoon. I like to relax in the evenings.

I do like to read and that takes me away from "real life" but i don't do it often enough. I'll see if that works too
  • haylz247
    Options
    thanks to everyone who replied. Great answers :)
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    For clear skin....find some tea tree oil. Put some one a cotton swab and dab on. It's strong so you don't need a lot. Regular washing with soap and moisturizing is all you really need.

As far as stress...I'm still working on this one. Lots going on here I'm afraid. But I've found that nice quiet alone hobbies are good to have. If you're active, try taking up hiking. Something where you either have to push your body to focus on other things, or quiet your mind to focus (like knitting....I hear all the counting is helpful).

They sell lavender infused chocolate. They also sell many products for relaxation including lavender pillow sprays, ect. Chamomile tea really helps some people. Consider getting a massage or doing a couples massage class with your partner so you can help each other.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Well I used to smoke...that always seemed to make me feel better. lol. momentarily anyways.

But I quit that recently, so now I exercise more, and pilates and especially yoga are great for bringing a sense of calmness over me.
  • haylz247
    Options
    For clear skin....find some tea tree oil. Put some one a cotton swab and dab on. It's strong so you don't need a lot. Regular washing with soap and moisturizing is all you really need.

As far as stress...I'm still working on this one. Lots going on here I'm afraid. But I've found that nice quiet alone hobbies are good to have. If you're active, try taking up hiking. Something where you either have to push your body to focus on other things, or quiet your mind to focus (like knitting....I hear all the counting is helpful).

They sell lavender infused chocolate. They also sell many products for relaxation including lavender pillow sprays, ect. Chamomile tea really helps some people. Consider getting a massage or doing a couples massage class with your partner so you can help each other.

love the smell of lavendar. I will have to get a spray :) thanks for reminding me of that!

i do like having time by myself but sometimes there's too many people around which i can't stand! It's so nice when they go but i still feel stressed
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Like somebody else mentioned above, TEA TREE OIL! That stuff is godly. I use it for everything.
  • haylz247
    Options
    Like somebody else mentioned above, TEA TREE OIL! That stuff is godly. I use it for everything.

i will get it on my next shopping trip! :)