Starting a new chapter of my life

Options
Since I was a child I've struggled with my weight. It didn't help that I had a mother who always put it into my head that I was too fat and not good enough. She would constantly make me feel unpretty and would boost her own ego by showing off how much smaller she was than me by doing some awful things such as giving me her "fat" clothes or telling me if I lost weight I could fit into smaller shoes. Instead of using that as a motivation to lose weight, I became depressed and used food to hide behind boredom and depression. Eventually I got over the depression but continued to struggle with food as a cure for boredom and quickly it became an addiction.
I've never liked the way clothes looked on me and have always been uncomfortable in my own skin and have decided to finally get serious and change my life style. I'm 23 years old and the last time I weighed myself I was 245 and my goal is to get down to 160. I want this to be able to ride roller coasters again. To wear all the clothes that I've never been able to find in my size . To make the love of my life proud of me. To finally be able to shut my mom up and lastly I want it for me. To be confident and feel something I've never felt. Beautiful.
I've always had a hard time staying motivated but I'm determined to do this. Today is the beginning of my new journey.

Replies

• Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    That's awful for what your mother did. I wish you the best of luck during your journey. And remember, you are beautiful no matter what!
  • baileya_3
    Options
    You are the most important person on your list. It's hard to forget what others have done to us, but try and forgive your Mother so that you can be set free. Concentrate on loving your self and doing what makes you happy. By choosing to take care of your health is a very big step and you should be very proud. You are not alone and will meet many new friends on this journey who will encourage you and help you along the path. Many blessing to you.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! It sounds like our goals and motivations are really similar. I'm 24 and I'm trying to make a change for the better. I didn't grow up with the best role models for eating/body image. I can understand how it can be really easy to get into a slump because of it.