scared to eat cheese and bread

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And eat it on some Asiago bread!!!

Asiago! How could I forget Asiago... I have an Asiago bagel almost every morning for breakfast... unless the "greedy" people buy all the Asiago bagels before this greedy person can get them all.

Then I get Cheddar bagels.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel i am pretty much the same on cheese i tend to try to steer clear as if i taste it the whole block is gone :noway: So if i dont have it heyy.....
    but there are lighter versions of cheese (70% less fat) that are not to bad i use for toppings ect!! try them out :bigsmile: no greese ect from them! or even goats cheese ... :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    bread is more likely to harm you than cheese. If you get a high quality cheese, you're getting healthy fat, and protein. Bread these days is just a bag of chemicals.

Bread and arsenic ARE very similar. Good point.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Asiago! How could I forget Asiago... I have an Asiago bagel almost every morning for breakfast... unless the "greedy" people buy all the Asiago bagels before this greedy person can get them all.

Panera Asiago Bagels... I'd shank a b*tch for one right now :blushing:
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, to all that I offended with my slight fear (it's more about gaining weight I'm fearful of) of cheese and bread I do apologise but I do love cheese and whole wheat bread this is why I'm finding it so odd lol and to all you guys I have made hungry or crave a nice cheese toastie....uuuummm sorry but do ENJOY!! :D thanks guys, I just overly worry about stuff :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diet I'd say: eat a cheese sandwich. Seriously, according to your diary, you're not eating nearly enough.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diet I'd say: eat a cheese sandwich. Seriously, according to your diary, you're not eating nearly enough.

agreed...you have plenty of room for some cheese.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    No individual food items cause fat gain on their own. Stop being afraid of food and start focusing on total daily nutrition.

Fat gain is caused from overconsumption of calories over long periods of time. Fat storage will not exceed fat oxidation if you are eating at a calorie deficit.

Thank-you so much, this here has helped ease my mind :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    bread is more likely to harm you than cheese. If you get a high quality cheese, you're getting healthy fat, and protein. Bread these days is just a bag of chemicals.

Cheese is chock full of chemicals too. Chemicals =/= bad

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/22/opinion/la-oe-blum-chemicals-20120122
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Why would cheese make you gain weight? I don't usually eat bread but I eat cheese every day. If I already decent fat intake I go with low fat choices, if I'm low on fats I eat anything. It's all about planning according to your macros.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    As a cheesehead, I'm offended.

^ this.
  • anitamariemc13
    Options
    Yep! MODERATION is to key to everything! I eat the 35 calorie wheat bread, and I'm with you on the CHOCOLATE, YUMMY!!! I am the poster child of eating anything you want, when you want, its called OUT OF CONTROL, and it takes a lot of work to retrain your mind and body to do what you tell it! But as an evangilist says, Where the mind goes the man( or woman) MUST follow!!! Oh, and cheese is good for you too!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    you should be scared of the dark, heights, or maybe spiders. but cheese and bread ... thats new to me
  • Grains and dairy are allergy trigger foods for a lot of people, which sets up a craving for more. Do you eat other types of grain and dairy without problems? If so, you're probably ok to eat them in moderation. If you're not sure do a challenge test and eat lots of cheese or bread for one day and see how you feel. Good luck!
  • Jrbagels
    Jrbagels Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As a cheesehead, I'm offended.

and also with you

Cheesehead here, too! A life without is cheese is no life at all.

Moderation is key......I take the same approach to cheese as I try to do with sweets: if you're going to go for it, save it for something really good. Make it worth it; savor it, my friend!

Really need some aged sharp cheddar now. Mmm....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, to all that I offended with my slight fear (it's more about gaining weight I'm fearful of) of cheese and bread I do apologise but I do love cheese and whole wheat bread this is why I'm finding it so odd lol and to all you guys I have made hungry or crave a nice cheese toastie....uuuummm sorry but do ENJOY!! :D thanks guys, I just overly worry about stuff :(

Don't be sorry. It was all melty and delicious.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Screw string cheese... Get yourself some Merlot Sartori Bellavitano, or a 25 yr Black Diamond aged cheddar... Make it worth it. And eat it on some Asiago bread!!!

That's right! If you're going to eat cheese, you might as well make it worthwhile. Go for the good stuff and you'll be satisfied with just a small portion. I LOVE cheese and bread and would NEVER give it up completely.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Screw string cheese... Get yourself some Merlot Sartori Bellavitano, or a 25 yr Black Diamond aged cheddar... Make it worth it. And eat it on some Asiago bread!!!

/drool
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Panera Asiago Bagels... I'd shank a b*tch for one right now :blushing:

You just made me spit coffee all over my monitor! Hilarious!!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I recently cut back on my cheese, I'm a cheese fanatic and feel it should be on just about everything. I'm a equal opportunity cheese fanatic, I don't care if it's imitation or real I love it. I also know it has a bit of sodium and some fat. I only had a little bit last week and plan on even less this week. As for breads...love them too but gave them up all together.