Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where should I measure myself for weightloss and strength?

Where should I measure myself for weightloss and strength training?
I've been at this for 33 days now, have lost 11 lbs, by the pictures my wife took have gained some muscle, and I never took measurments of my body at the begining. I only took my initial weight (275lbs) currently 264 lbs!! :bigsmile:
I am unclear on good places on my body to measure.
Is there a diagram posted online somewhere that I could print out so I can just add my measurments to it?
I have searched here in the forums and in google images but so far haven't come up with a good picture to use.

Thanks for your help!

If I missed a thread somewhere that has the information I am looking for just let me know!

Replies

• dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    bump (i understand it's not another question about eating after 7 or eating back my calories but could I get some sort of response?) hahahaha
  • dandaninc
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/451282-how-do-i-measure-inches-for-weight-loss

^ this was helpful but still not what I am exactly looking for.
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    The different body fat calculator sites seem to suggest measuring your neck, waist, hips, thighs, calves, and forearms and/or wrists. That's a lot of places! I think most people concentrate on their waistline, especially if they are an apple shape. Women of course are concerned about their bustline!

I'd recommend picking a handful of places from the above list and just start keeping measurements week to week to see how you are doing. Often the changes in your body will show up first through measurements as opposed to the scale. When I first started lifting weights years ago, the scale went up 10 pounds but I dropped a clothing size, so clearly I was firming up and losing inches. Good luck to you!!
  • dandaninc
    The different body fat calculator sites seem to suggest measuring your neck, waist, hips, thighs, calves, and forearms and/or wrists. That's a lot of places! I think most people concentrate on their waistline, especially if they are an apple shape. Women of course are concerned about their bustline!

I'd recommend picking a handful of places from the above list and just start keeping measurements week to week to see how you are doing. Often the changes in your body will show up first through measurements as opposed to the scale. When I first started lifting weights years ago, the scale went up 10 pounds but I dropped a clothing size, so clearly I was firming up and losing inches. Good luck to you!!

Yeah I believe that and have seen a dramatic change in my body other than just stepping on the scale. Thank you for your input.
  • dandaninc
    I did find this which isn't what I am looking for but still pretty usefull.

7759221924_0b35f6d60a.jpg
    424260_487442607933333_1316887971_n by dandaninc, on Flickr