Body Bug or HRM?

Options
Is a body bug the same thing as a heart rate monitor? I am looking for something that will give me calories burned per day. Anyone use a body bug and have any feedback on it?

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am looking for an inexpensive HRM, anybody have any ideas or good experience.

I know the body bug you have to pay a monthly fee for.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I just bought a GoWearFit, which is a slightly cheaper but identical product as the body bug. It does NOT measure your heart rate (thought I wish it did). What it does do is give you a more accurate picture of calories burned. I found that I'm burning alot more calories in my normal daily activity than the sedentary setting gave me, but I'm burning less when I work out than what the machines tell me I'm burning. I'm still testing it out, but I really like it so far. I've heard others say that it allows them to estimate pretty darn near perfect what they will lose every week based off calories burned from the GoWearFit (or Bodybug) and calories consumed based off of the MFP food tracker.

I guess it just depends what you're looking for - the BodyBug probably wouldn't be much use to a dedicated athlete who wasn't in weight-loss mode, but for someone trying to lose weight and learning their body's normal calories out, it's pretty helpful.

Edited to add: you do have to pay a monthly fee to use the GoWearFit or BodyBug, but I'm only paying $6.95/mo and since that's only about 2 Starbuck's coffees, I figure it's worth it!