200+ group (week 2)

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone...

I hope everyone is having a great week and keeping on track. Remember - Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away.

Did we have have a challenge for this week or are we going to have one next week? I know last week was the water - I have been meeting that. What about make 1 better food choice each day - such as eat something healthy if you go out to eat, or cook instead of eating out, or don't eat that chocolate bar.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people say to only weigh yourself once a week, but I find I stay on track better if I weigh myself daily. I had tomato soup and a grilled cheese for dinner last night and blew my sodium intake off the charts, so I gained about 1.5 pounds today. Thats the kind of motivation I need to know so that I will be extra good today.

I've still been working out for 30 minutes every day, which is great! I've never stuck to an exercise program before and this is working out wonderfully! I bought a lot of workout clothes a couple months ago at Old Navy( :noway: was shocked but very happy when I found their workout clothes section) and now that I feel cute while working out, it makes me want to do it even more!

An ebay auction that I've been watching ends in 15 minutes....the dude didn't spell the name correctly so only one other person has bid on it. Hopefully I'll get a heart rate monitor for like, $15 today! That would be AWESOME!
  • Giggles27
    Options
    I found you!!!

Hi everyone!!! Hope all is well and hope everyone has a great day.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good job Blombie - for sticking with the exercise. I just wanted to give you a little more hope on weighing less than your husband. I normally do my official weigh-in on Thurs morning - I was so happy to be down 4 pounds from last week and finally under my husband. He only lost 1 pound :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: This is the first time in forever that I have weighed less than him. I my weight loss lasts through tomorrows group check-in... Keep up the great work and good luck getting the heart rate monitor.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    YES!!! I got the HRM for $11.51 (plus $5 shipping)!! NOT BAD AT ALL!! lol
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    Good job Blombie - for sticking with the exercise. I just wanted to give you a little more hope on weighing less than your husband. I normally do my official weigh-in on Thurs morning - I was so happy to be down 4 pounds from last week and finally under my husband. He only lost 1 pound :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: This is the first time in forever that I have weighed less than him. I my weight loss lasts through tomorrows group check-in... Keep up the great work and good luck getting the heart rate monitor.

Congratz for weighing less than your husband!!!:bigsmile:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Hmm I think make good choices would be a good one for next week, like maybe cut out the one thing you like to get everyday that you know you shouldnt? What do you guys think, what you guys what counts too!!:happy:

I'm currently looking looking for a job, bad thing is im applying for all fast foods place:noway: Hopefully I get the job and stay away from the food!!:laugh:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I normally do my official weigh-in on Thurs morning - I was so happy to be down 4 pounds from last week and finally under my husband. He only lost 1 pound :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Fantastic!!! And woo for the HRM!

I'm still sticking with the 30 day shred.... did it again this morning. Tomorrow is my last day on step 1. I'm looking forward (sort of) to step 2. I'll be interested to see what I weigh tomorrow. I"m really trying to not put too much weight (no pun intended) on a big loss. Of course I'd love it, but knowing that I've been working hard these past couple of weeks and doing things I think I can really keep up with for the long haul is more important. I know I'll get there eventually! Good eating overall today as well.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Hmm I think make good choices would be a good one for next week, like maybe cut out the one thing you like to get everyday that you know you shouldnt? What do you guys think, what you guys what counts too!!:happy:

I'm currently looking looking for a job, bad thing is im applying for all fast foods place:noway: Hopefully I get the job and stay away from the food!!:laugh:

Good luck with the job search, but I've heard that working at any place like that actually makes you never want to eat that food again. lol
  • cds2327
    Options

Good luck with the job search, but I've heard that working at any place like that actually makes you never want to eat that food again. lol

And, for the next goal...I like your idea, but maybe something that can encompass us all. I really don't let myself cheat...
    maybe 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, or 2 hours total cardio for the week?
  • HeaterM
    Options

And, for the next goal...I like your idea, but maybe something that can encompass us all. I really don't let myself cheat...
    maybe 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, or 2 hours total cardio for the week?

I totally understand that it should be including everyone :flowerforyou: So lets hear some more and try to put it all together or something like that
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Hmm.. are we all already using the food tab to keep track of everything we're eating? If peeps aren't, it could be a goal to write/log everything down for the week that one eats/drinks.

A goal for some amount of exercise would work as well. At this point, I'm not doing very long time periods, but am doing a video for 20 min every day, so a total time for the week would work for me.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good luck with the job search Heather.

Since we are all have different strengths and weaknesses in our quest to loose weight, I doubt that you will find a goal that we all need to work on (except loose weight). If you change the goal each week - some weeks will be easier for us and some will be harder. The cardio one is okay with me for the next week. It will be my easy week :bigsmile: It would be nice to get a big list of goals so that each week can be different - I am in another group that just had us eat 5 half cup servings of veges a day. That was a challenge until I started having a larger salad for lunch. Hopefully the things we do in our challenges will stay with us and become great habits.

akasullengal - nice job on getting through 10 days of level 1 on the shred. I moved to level 2 on day 6 - my knee couldn't take the jump roping. I thought level 2 was easier - good luck with it and your weigh-in.

cds2327 - I need to borrow your will power on not cheating. I did 2.5 hours of cardio in one day so that I could eat french fries and spare ribs when I went out last weekend and I still went over on my calories for the day :blushing:

Blombie - congrats on the heart rate monitor. I cant wait to hear the difference in actual calories burned vs what MFP says. Please let us know.

I wish everyone luck on the weigh-in tomorrow.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Weigh in Friday!

Last week: 228.6
    Today: 224.6 (-4.0 this week! omg!)

SW: 230
    CW: 224.6
    GW: 220 (Thanksgiving)

A VERY pleasant surprise. I wasn't trying to think too hard about the poundage this week. Just try to stick to the working out and eating well, and it turned out nicely! Very nice, especially as I didn't put up a very big number last week. I did my last day of step 1 of the 30 day shred. It's good to know that level 2 is good... I'm looking forward to swtiching it up and am glad day 1 of it is on a weekend!
    It would be nice to get a big list of goals so that each week can be different

I think that's a fantastic idea, so each of us can pick and choose from the list. I'll have to think of time good goals.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I am starting to love my scale.

Last week: 225
    Today: 221 (-4 pounds YEAH)

I may actually make my 10 pound goal by Thanksgiving
    SW: 237 (Sept 2009)
    SW: 225 (this Challenge)
    CW: 221
    GW: 215 (Thanksgiving)

Congrats on the weight loss askasullengal :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone else has had a good week.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    so cardio next week? And currently there is not a scale at my house but there is one at my sisters and I'll be staying there tonight....would you guys be mad if I post my weight tomorrow morning??:frown:

Have a good day everyone.....and great job akasullengal, your doing good! You are so close to your goal!!!:bigsmile:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Tomorrow is fine Heather. Have fun with your sister. :bigsmile:
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    discouraged and frustrated...

Last week: 251.8
    Current: 251.6

Not sure if I'll be able to hit 243 by Thanksgiving. :frown: I got down to 250.0 earlier this week but screwed it up on Wednesday and haven't been able to recover yet. Could the crazy sodium amount I had Wednesday still be effecting my weight today?

I'm thinking of going to cardio 5 days a week instead of cardio 3x/strength 2x. I feel like I'm not burning enough calories on my strength days but I guess I should wait till I get my HRM to make that decision.
  • cds2327
    Options
    Congrats to all the big losers this week. I wish i knew your secret. I'm only down a pound from last week, but it's better than nothing.
    I'm ok with whatever goal we decide on. I agree, we are all never going to need the same one, so if a weeks goal is one we already do...then it's a freebie.
    SW: 230
    CW: 219
    GW by thanksgiving: 210
    overall GW: 150
  • dldodson75
    Options
    SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-241 (11-06-09) :grumble: Up 2lbs :explode:
    GW-232 (By Thanksgiving)
    Final Goal 170 (no time frame hopefully by May of 10)