Foods you used to love that you cannot stand anymore?

Options
I have been eating healthy, drinking only water and a bit of almond milk, and exercising everyday for 5 days now, but t here has been tons of change! I decided to make friday my cheat day ( i'm going to eat the whole day healthy until after dinner, then i'll cheat ;) ) I had a couple cookies, a soda, and some trail mix ( which is a healthy thing anyways but still. ) The cookies and trail mix were fine, but the soda..ick! I got all bloated and i felt sad ( not from guilt, i think it was the unhealthy food!) But i take that as a good thing :) I can officially cross soda off a list of things I will never drink again! I wanted some "real food" so I considered making the old ham, cheese, mayo sandwich, but the thought made me kinda sick. I dunno why, but i'm glad about that also because I have no food scale to measure the meat or cheese haha..and cheese is full of calories. I probably wont be eating any for a while until I get a food scale.

Also, today after my workout I was hungry for "real food". After searching for something with perhaps meat, or thinking about making an egg or something, but decided I was too lazy, I grabbed some bagged salad, tossed some raw broccoli in, a little ranch dressing, and I was amazed how it hit the spot! Never has it done that before. Its amazing :)

What kinds of foods did you use to regularly eat, but no longer appeal to you since you started eating healthy?

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi

I had one the other day and it was so disgustingly sweet. I threw it away.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    None. I still love them all.
  • enatale
    enatale Posts: 1
    Options
    Pasta!! I admit that I still love the taste of it...but I feel so gross afterward!!
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    McDonald's...I had some a few weeks back and literally got sick after not eating it for months
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Chips: The sodium in them turns my stomach now. I tried to eat some doritos the other day and WOWZERS!!!! Felt like I needed to drink a gallon of water to wash the flavor out of my mouth.

Haven't cheated on anything else, I just know its not healthy and I don't want it anymore. It's not that I can't have it its that I don't want it.
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    Omg! I'm 18 months into eating clean and healthy, and can't stand cheese, anything deep fried, salty, greasy, heavy, or creamy. Pasta used to by my fave. Now, I have no desire. I used to LOVE french fries. Now...I can't stomach the smell. Mexican...YUM. Now, all I taste is salt. Now, when I "cheat" I want trail mix, yogurt, massive amounts of peanut butter, and anything sweet. Yep, I still want sweets, but don't "need" them anymore. Amazing how our tastes change.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Soda. I went about a month and a half/2 months without it and when I went back to it, it just wasn't the same. I still drink it now and then and it's just not what it use to be.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    whit bread, unless it's toasted or something like that. i can't just pull it out of the bag and make a sandwich anymore
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oily foods in general. they are heavy on my stomach/chest and makes me nauseous. it feels like they take forever to digest
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used to be a diet soda FIEND. I can't even stand the sight of it now. That was huge for me considering I drank it for 20 years of my life. (Thanks mom. :/ )

I've never been much of a junk food guy, but I used to eat a lot of fast food. I don't do that as much anymore.
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Anything fried or greasy!! :sick: It turns my stomach and feels like I swallowed a brick covered in wet concrete or something. YUCK!!!!!

21371726.png
  • Stevensno
    Options
    Mayonnaise ! I used to really enjoy it... not now though, it's the devil's phlegm .
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    Mayonnaise ! I used to really enjoy it... not now though, it's the devil's phlegm .
    haha that wording will probably prevent me from eating it even more than now xD
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Milk and potatoes...

the mere thought of consuming them makes me want to vomit.. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been eating clean for almost four weeks now. On Thursday, we celebrated my 5-year-old's birthday at Friendly's. My wife and kid ate pretty healthy, but I decided I was going to splurge and have a 1000 calorie burger, a side of fries, and a sundae. It was delicious. But then, to put it delicately, my intestines rebelled for the entire next day. My digestive system was under siege.

I don't drink much anymore because it's just not worth what it does to my head the next day, and I don't like getting dehydrated and not sleeping well. In short, it's not worth the aggravation for me to drink these days.

My guess is that eating greasy food is going to be the same for me now -- it's just not going to be worth the aggravation. If clean foods keep my energy up, keep my body happy, I guess I'm going to have to look at the over-the-top-greasy things I used to eat as poison (cheese fries w/gravy, cheeseburgers w/mayo and butter toasted buns, etc.). Not saying I'll never do it again, but I think in the future if I decide to splurge on something, it's going to be ONE added thing -- like a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of fries, or a small burger with fruit on the side or something.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. Not just because they are not good for me....the taste has changed over the years and they arent as good as they used to be. I don't miss them anymore.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,176 Member
    Options
    Here I would say whip cream or creamy type of desserts... I used to love them all when I was a child but with years of not eating this sort of food, I simply do NOT feel like eating these anymore.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I find I cannot stand pasta, white/ overly processed bread, ground beef, bacon, and anything processed/ instant.

I read food labels and ingredients diligently, going so far as to pull up MSDS* sheets on my iPhone4 in the grocery store when I encounter a chemical I am not familiar with. When I encounter something unpleasant, I am immediately turned off of that food. I prefer the taste of whole foods.

*Material Safety Data Sheets - contains chemical and physical properties, toxicity, reactivity, etc.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Omg! I'm 18 months into eating clean and healthy, and can't stand cheese, anything deep fried, salty, greasy, heavy, or creamy. Pasta used to by my fave. Now, I have no desire. I used to LOVE french fries. Now...I can't stomach the smell. Mexican...YUM. Now, all I taste is salt. Now, when I "cheat" I want trail mix, yogurt, massive amounts of peanut butter, and anything sweet. Yep, I still want sweets, but don't "need" them anymore. Amazing how our tastes change.

Ditto.
  • Stevensno
    Options
    haha that wording will probably prevent me from eating it even more than now xD

I hope I'm never responsible for ruining your nice salad though ! If so, then I apologise in advance :)