Do You Log House Work?

Options

Replies

• peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    No I don't. I consider it part of my daily activities (TDEE). If I am doing an especially deep, vigorous clean I might, but since I haven't done that recently, I can't say for sure! :laugh: My house cleaning time is now spent at the gym sweating bullets!
  • wannaplay2505
    Options
    I do. I've even logged food prep. LOL
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I log my housework because I do MAJOR cleaning EVERY saturday and during the week I will log housework if I am doing laundry because I live in a 3 floor apartment building and I have to go up and down the steps multiple times to get it done .... I do however always log a little less .... If it takes me 3 or 4 hours to do my cleaning then I may only log an hour not the whole time ....
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't log normal daily stuff, but if I've had a day where I scrubbed the place down and things like that, then yes.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Only if I did it for very long, and intensly. Normal house work, no.
  • BlkGoddezz
    BlkGoddezz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do log my housework. Due to my busy schedule, all I have time to do during the week is pick up the house. On the weekends, I do my heaviest housework: sweeping, laundry, changing beds, looking under beds (lol), washing hair, hanging/ folding clothes, and cleaning out the dog kennel.
    P.S. I do not do the house by myself-- That is what kids are for....:laugh:
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I log housework if it's unusual housework - when we deepcleaned our sofas it was hard strenuous work and I did. Regular cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dishes, laundry, etc are part of my daily routine and not logged.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh i only clean on the weekends
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I certainly do since I'm moving stuff and climbing stairs all the time. I just chop 25% off the time to compensate for the really effortless stuff.
  • crys_m
    crys_m Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always log it as weekends is when I do my big clean.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    HECK YEA!!! ITS WORK GIRL!!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I know people who do. And cooking, too! There's even an entry in the database for playing a musical instrument.
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't log it. I clean every day and I sweat like crazy while sweeping and mopping since I mop 2-3 times around the house and then vacuum the other half but I figure whatever I burn, if anything big or significant, it will just be an extra credit burn/weight loss :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    No. So its just an added bonus. Beyond normal activity, I don't think the increase, in my case, would make it worthwhile.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No, because it's something I normally do, part of my daily activity. It's included in my daily calories burned for my activity level.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I don't log housework. The only time I count it is if I'm stuck cleaning the entire house in 1 day for a visit from family, which usually takes about 2-4 hours depending on how much I've let it go. It's something your always doing, and you did that before you started your journey, why log it then?
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I don't, but I know people who do. And cooking, too! There's even an entry in the database for playing a musical instrument.

Haha! that is so funny with the musical instrument thing...I can only thing drums would maybe burn some cals, I can`t see a flute player burning many!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I usually don't log in any walks, house work, shopping, etc. I usually log in any running, hiking, sport activity and/or weight lifting. :)
  • eevers
    eevers Posts: 15
    Options
    If I'm cleaning a whole room (i.e. the entire kitchen, not just dishes) then yes. There's an option both for moderate cleaning and heavy cleaning and I'm on my feet staying active, so why not. If there were a log for sleeping, I'd probably do that too lol, since you even burn calories while you sleep (not many, but hey, it's still burning)
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have realized that I didn't real do a lot of housework - I had the kids do just enough to keep it from getting really bad. Now that I am working on changing myself, I am taking on a lot more of the stuff that just didn't get done before. Heavier and more detailed stuff that never got done before. When I do these, I get very sweaty and out of breath, and I count it as exercise. It is an exertion that I am putting forth that is above the ordinary. Hopefully, these things will become more part of my everyday life, but in the meantime, I am taking credit for the changes I am making and logging it.