Stretch Marks. . . Okay to show?

Options
Is it gross when a girl wears short shorts and belly shirts if she is not overweight but still has stretch marks? I'm looking for answers from both men and women.

Replies

• crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wear a bikini. I run in sports bras. All of which show my stomach. I have terrible stretch marks. So my answer is "no". I don't think it's gross at all. Just my opinion.
  • cherbert1
    Options
    I sure hope not because 3 kids later I have them. None on my stomach, but my upper thighs and hips (straight to where my fat goes). I kinda wish I had known that before gaining 40-some pounds with my first pregnancy,,,
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Is it gross when a girl wears short shorts and belly shirts if she is not overweight but still has stretch marks? I'm looking for answers from both men and women.

Not all people like the appearance of them, but if you don't mind showing them, then sure, go ahead.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I still wear a bikini - despite having been torn apart by stretch marks when pregnant. My sister told me to chase any man who frowned upon me screaming 'it is your kind that did this to me!!!' So far I haven't had to!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I wish I saw them more often. I have one on my shoulder from nursing my kids that used to really bother me, but I'm starting to get more comfortable wearing sleeveless shirts.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    For me personally I would not wear clothing that shows them, but I honestly absolutely don't care and am not grossed out if other women do.
  • fletchbaby
    fletchbaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think we can make it okay!! Let them show :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why do you care? Anyone who would judge you is a total *kitten*.
  • Irisheyes88
    Options
    Whether you have strech marks from having kids,losing weight, or even just from growing when you were younger

* Your a Tiger and you earned your damn stripes*

I very much believe in this quote Im a mom of a 6 year old so I have stretch marks yes I hate them but I DO show them, they are there and there is not very much you can do about them. So my opinion is it is ok if someone doesnt like it dont look!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Show those "tiger strips"! :wink:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options

It's gross to the viewer of your marks who is a shallow stupid a$s person who isn't worthy of your time and attention...

But to those that are decent, kind, respectable people that love life and strive for the best in all of us, you're gorgeous!
  • stlinares
    stlinares Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Of course it's "ok" as long as it's ok with YOU.
    I have one of the worse cases of stretch marks that I have ever seen. They are something that I prefer to keep covered. I think stretch marks are ugly ugly ugly. I have a friend who thinks otherwise. People are self conscious about different things, I guess.
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    your a tiger who has earned her stripes ;)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Damn stretch marks and loose skin!!! :sad: ... People call them 'battle wounds' from pregnancy, but as much as I love the kids - I could do without the 'battle wounds' :grumble: Of course I want a perfectly flat wash board tummy, I work so hard, but don't think it's ever gonna come - especially with the loose skin, what am I supposed to do with THAT?!?... it's so so so sad. :cry:

Oh, sorry, off topic? No, it doesn't bother me to see them on others, it makes me feel more 'normal'.
  • sueblue77
    sueblue77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My husband goes shirtless in the Summer and at the pool. He has many stretch marks on his stomach and torso. No one has ever looked twice at him about it. I'm modest with mine. My stomach is covered with them. But I wouldn't be offense or grossed out by someone else's.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think most girls with hips have them. I got mine when I was around 12 and suddenly got hips. Then as I gained weight, I got a few barely visible on my thighs, and about 3 on my stomach which I hateee.

I'd love to have the confidence to wear clothes and not worry if they're on show.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have a boatload of them and I refuse to hide myself because of those. I created 6 human being from scratch and I am proud
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have a boatload of them and I refuse to hide myself because of those. I created 6 human being from scratch and I am proud

They taste so much better when they are made from scratch.
  • Yanicka1
    Options
  • Yanicka1
    Options

They taste so much better when they are made from scratch.

And lower in sodium