Howdy!

Options
I'm MNHoelscher, 5'4'', and about 152 lbs now. I'd just like to introduce myself and give a summarized version of my story.
Three years ago, I decided I was going to lose weight. Unfortunately, despite all of the research I did, I was learning to do it in a very unhealthy way. Sure, it started out great, but I started noticing patterns. If I ate less, I would lose weight. It worked, so why not? Naturally, I started eating less and less. Eventually, it got to the point where I would pat myself on the back for eating 200 calories a day. I was anorexic, and the weight was melting off of me. I would nearly pass out all the time during PE in school, and I would be constantly exhausted. Of course, when I realized that this was unhealthy, I started to eat normally again. My body was in starvation mode, so I eaaaaasily gained 30 lbs again.
I've gone on a rollercoaster since, but never really staying on track with my diet (they were diets, no where near lifestyle changes...) for a day or two, then cheat and forget for a couple days. But no more! I've decided that once and for all I'm going to do this, with God and MFP on my side. I've been signed up to MFP for a while, but I just decided yesterday that I'd actually start to use it... and because I can do it from my phone on the android app, it's so much easier! :laugh:

I'm seriously motivated this time, and I'd love to get to know people on the forums and have a grand ol' time losing weight with everyone else. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• __KenzieBrooke__
    Options
    add me, if you'd like :)
  • kbennett510
    Options
    hello add me if you want to
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    Awesome :)), I've been in a situation pretty similar to yours so i can totally relate , but i'm finally doing it right !!
    Would love to become friends, feel free to add me everyone :)
    Have a nice day :flowerforyou:
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I understand that eating disorders a much more common than we would like to think. Anorexia (and bulimia) is very serious.

I guess we can get into trouble by either overeating or under eating. We are all here to help one another. Best wishes to you.