What have you bought...

Options
CupcakeHarpy
CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
I am new to mfp and started writing a wish list for some of the things that I want to buy to help me live a healthier lifestyle. Some examples are the fitbit and an ice cream maker to make healthier ice cream at home (i make my own sugar/sweetener free fruit sorbet in a blender and it's a pain). I want to add to my list!

So what have you bought during your weight loss (or fitness, whatever) journey that made your life so much easier? or helped your progress? or that just makes you happy to have?

Replies

• CupcakeHarpy
    Options
    No one bought anything? Ever? :huh:
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just bought two new pairs of shoes. They're soooo comfortable (and pretty!). They make me want to work out more, so I know they'll be very helpful when it comes to sticking to my exercise routine.

Next on my list is a FitBit or HRM. :)
  • CupcakeHarpy
    Options
    I just bought two new pairs of shoes. They're soooo comfortable (and pretty!). They make me want to work out more, so I know they'll be very helpful when it comes to sticking to my exercise routine.

Next on my list is a FitBit or HRM. :)

Thanks! Yes, shoes are always a high priority for me. I replace them often. A heart rate monitor is a good idea, too. I'm still working up to working out more, so that would be a good investment.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Two musts: Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap and scale to weigh your food
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I bought Resistance Bands for an at home workout. I love them. I use them every other day and free weights at least 3 times a week. It's a different kind of workout.

I also bought new cutting boards for all the vegetable chopping I do!
  • cheryl7730
    Options
    I bought a kitchen scale and a fitbit, I've had a heart rate monitor for many years now. I love the fitbit!, and the scale helps me because I tend to eye portions and I'm always eyeing it too much!
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A food scale
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Food scale and extra measuring cups
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Two musts: Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap and scale to weigh your food

This.
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale, a kick-butt blender, and some hiking boots.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy it, I already had it but, I love my Magic Bullet. It's perfect for smoothies in the morning.

And of course shoes, can't workout without good shoes. And inserts for those shoes. You can thank me later. :wink:
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Food scale, blender, and crock pot are so far my investments, and they've all been well worth it. I'd like to get a heart rate monitor, but I'm not sure if I really need it. I'm doing fine without it.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I bought a copy of "New Rules of Lifting for Women". Then I bought a weight set and bench. Then I bought a squat rack. Am WAY happy with my new routine. Still enjoy a run when I can, but don't depend on it. Am now able to stay fit for riding even when I'm not riding every day--am riding better than ever, even though right now I'm not really able to ride real often. Used to be a big deal to lay off a while. Discovered that the biggest part of balance is strength. Everything that I do is easier. Had no idea. Wish I'd have found all this out years ago.
  • lcpruitt
    lcpruitt Posts: 11
    Options
    Just got a fitbit and I am having so much fun with it and its a good motivator! Tracking progress really helps me stay on track so I am really excited about this!

I also like having a stability ball at home so i can do ab exercise during commercial breaks if I watch TV!
  • trkilpatrick
    trkilpatrick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of new shoes, a heart rate monitor, and downloaded JM's 30DS to my Kindle Fire :happy:
    Still want to get a kitchen scale though
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I already had an exercise clothes horse....um,. I mean stationary bike. I dusted it off and have been using that religiously since I started.

Bought a couple hand weights, too. And a digital scale to replace the mechanical dinosaur the b/f owned. I also bought some workout clothes....but they are too small yet to wear. But I will get into them eventually. I already had a food scale but would like to get a digital one of those someday, too.

ETA....OOO...almost forgot. Bought a pedometer and HRM.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,900 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about heart rate monitors. What is the advantage of having one?
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I changed over to more organic produce, grass fed beef & free range chicken & eggs. Quite a bit more expensive in our area but it's worth it to me.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't bought anything... but as christmas/birthday presents my parents have bought me a Garmin GPS running watch, and a very nice pair of running shoes. They have been great. I would have given up on training for the half marathon without the Garmin, was too hard to try to measure running distance.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i bought new shoes two years ago to motivate me... yeah, that didn't work... but now that i'm actually devoted to working out, i love them.

i bought myself a food scale, a bathroom scale, and some cheap workout equipment and dvds.

other than the workout shoes, nothing i've bought myself has cost me over $50. as a college student, i don't have a lot of money to play with, but without these tools, i wouldn't have made it this far.