Confused

Ok so I got mad at my boyfriend for bring home junk. He bought pizza and ice cream bars. When I told him it was fatting he said that it doesn't matter what you eat it's how much you eat that matters. Is that true?

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Yes and no....
    What you eat plays a big part in your health, that much is simple. If you take one bite out of a double cheeseburger for each meal, you're still eating grease, fat, and yuck.
    Now you also shouldn't ban any food (in my humble opinion :)) because then you're going to want only that. So having one small scoop of ice cream instead of...I dunno the three I used to have before bed, that matters too.

You just have to stay strong! Think about what you're putting in your body and pay attention to your portions.
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    I think you are going to get a lot of different answers. I personally think weight loss can be achieved though just counting calories and making sure things fit in your macros. If you can make it fit then you can eat it. However, if you have a hard time not eating large portions of tasty foods it might be better to not have it around. Lastly, although I do think you can lose weight eating not so healthy foods and just counting calories, for me the weight has come off more easily eating healthy low to no processed foods.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Weight loss- how much you eat

Health and wellness- how much you eat AND what you eat.

Plus, if you are anything like me it is very, very hard to only eat a little bit of pizza!!
  • Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    I eat both of those on occasion and continue to lose weight. Cutting anything out completely is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. However, the hard part is moderating. If you can't just have one, it's dangerous to have it in the house.
  • Personal experience? You can eat junk food & lose weight and be thin even. BUT... When I did, I felt yucky! No energy, lethargic, grumpy. Since going clean ( well, cleaner. I just ate pizza:bigsmile: ) I feel great!