Hello all!

saint84
saint84 Posts: 2,182
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! Hope all is going well!

My name is Joe, I'm 25 years old and I weigh right at about 220. My goal weight is right around 180-185 and lean and mean ;). I used to be very active and weighed around 180 2 years ago but got into sales and we all know sales = weight gain. Driving 70,000+ miles in one year leaves little time for the work outs or the motivation to eat healthy. No exuses, I did it to myself, but I'm tired of it! Clothes that 2 years ago I had to shelve because they were so big they looked like clown clothes on me I'm barely able to button :sad: !!!!! So this is it, I'm trying my hardest to watch what I eat, get exercising and dropping this weight. I'm not going adkins or anything like that, I definitely love my breads and pastas too much for that. I am however focusing on my biggest problem and that's portion control. I could easily sit and eat probably an entire large pizza and not even think twice about it and then follow that up with a nice HUGE bowl of ice cream... Mmm, I like ice cream but I love health a lot more! So I'm focusing on keeping the sugars to a minimum, watching what I eat and getting my exercise in! Eventually I'd like to start running some 5k's with my wife, I never have been a huge fan of "long distance" running, about 5miles max but you never know. I will eventually start a MovNat work out or a hybrid crossfit routine but I need to lose some weight first, my knees will thank me.

Well that's my starting point and my starting story. Look forward to meeting a whole slew of great people and all that fun stuff.

Thanks take care and be strong!
Joseph

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Welcome Joe, this site is the bomb. You have definite goals stick it out and you'll be much happier with them clothes, not to mention the less important your kness. :happy:
  • Hi Joe!!!

I am a fellow ice cream lover!!!! I can pass anything but ice cream!!! I just cant 'say no'!!!!

MFP is a great place to keep track of those portions & give yourself credit for exercise!!!

Welcome & Good luck!!!:wink:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Hi Joe. Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • saint84
    Thanks all, I've been surfing the site all day and am very excited to use this tool. I can't wait to shred some weight again and feistygirl09, it's a pain isn't it, I love, love ice cream lol. I guess that's where I will have a cheat day once in a while to eat my beloved Icecream.

Thank you all though, can't wait to get a few weeks into this thing
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Hello Joe!!! Welcome to MFP! You will absolutely love it here! Everyone is amazing and the program itself is fail proof. If you like to join our support group we are going to be starting a challenge next week challenging at least 1 team (hopefully more) for weight loss as kind of a little kick to jumpstart ourselves! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69372-visualize-this?page=14#posts-915966

I wish you the best of luck with everything!! :flowerforyou:
  • saint84
    Arienna, Thank you so much for the envite, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not sure how to join or anything? I know that sounds silly but do I just post a hello in that forum link? Thank you aswell for your encouraging words I greatly appreciate it.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Arienna, Thank you so much for the envite, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not sure how to join or anything? I know that sounds silly but do I just post a hello in that forum link? Thank you aswell for your encouraging words I greatly appreciate it.

Yes, just pop in and introduce yourself! Everyone will welcome you :smile: The more the merrier, really. We could all use all the motivation we can get!
  • saint84
    Cool beans, just threw a post up there, thank you again for the invite, look forward to posting in there and giving/recieving some motivation!
This discussion has been closed.