1tsp cinnamon
1/2 ounce 2% milk
pam

Mix in a bowl the egg cinnamon and milk in a bowl
spray frying pan with pam
dip bread into mixture fully coat both sides and place in heated pan
cook til golden brown
repeat with other slices

ENJOY!!! I had it for breakfast with a half of banana 1tsp syrup and 3 breakfast sausage and it was only about 500 cals YUMMY!!!

For 2 slices it is 163 cals!! its already in the calorie counter hope you enjoy

Replies

• clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    how about whole wheat bread, eggbeaters, and skim milk?
    ....dunno if it would lower the cals too mcuh but might be a bit healthier!

haha sorry I'm ALways looking for substituions (skim vs 2%, whole wheat vs white, greek yogurt vs sour cream...) every time I make something so when i saw this recipie i couldn't resist!
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options

haha sorry I'm ALways looking for substituions (skim vs 2%, whole wheat vs white, greek yogurt vs sour cream...) every time I make something so when i saw this recipie i couldn't resist!

not a prob u could sub although im allergic to egg beaters so!! and 2% milk is all my kids will drink cant afford to kinds of milk!!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Bump.... thinking about making French Toast this weekend. Thanks!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    How about...

1/4 cup of egg whites
    1/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese
    2 packets splenda
    1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon

Put in a small bowl, and microwaved for 2 min. I put the mixture (which takes the shape of the bottom of the bowl) on a piece of light whole wheat toast, and it was sort of a more filling version of french toast.

Tasted delicious.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use multi-grain bread, skim milk, eggs of course, but I like to add vanilla and nutmeg along with the cinnamon. The vanilla and nutmeg really fill out the flavor and give it a special unique taste. Cottage cheese sounds interesting, I might like to try that!:smile: .
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use multi-grain bread, skim milk, eggs of course, but I like to add vanilla and nutmeg along with the cinnamon. The vanilla and nutmeg really fill out the flavor and give it a special unique taste. Cottage cheese sounds interesting, I might like to try that!:smile: .

It was actually really good, I was pleasantly surprised since I can't imagine it tasting good. hehe. Let me know what you think of it =)
  • AshlySouthard
    Options

I'm the exact same way.. I haven't touched an actual egg, white bread or even 1% milk in weeks! My brother used to eat greek yogurt all of the time (he'd mix peanut butter in it for extra protein) but I still have yet to try as a replacement.