Help? Always feeling sick and Dairy?

Options
lcchrt
lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
Before people yell at me about my diary, I haven't logged for months -_-. I know why are you asking this if you aren't logging?? BECAUSE I NEED HELP.

I am and have always been severely lactose intolerant but since I am a cheese-a-holic it's hard going without. I usually eat dairy at a minimum but the last two to three weeks I have just been feeling so bad I have been trying to cut it out completely. I am breastfeeding so I eat very bland foods, pretty much anything with flavor bothers my daughters tummy. I do not drink soda because I am allergic to benzoic acid/benzoate. I read labels thoroughly to make sure I stay away from it because it effects me so harshly. I mainly eat chicken and veggies, eggs, raisin bran, almond milk, etc. There isn't much variety to my diet because I do not know how to cook many things lol. I only use olive oil when cooking, even when baking!

Anyway, the whole point of this is to ask for some advice. I feel so horrible lately I can barely get myself out of bed. I'm constantly bloated, my stomach always hurts and I often have a headache. I even took a pregnancy test (it was negative), I was feeling THAT bad. So should I talk to a nutritionist or an allergist to see if it's something I'm eating or could it be anything else?

ANY advice is welcome!! Please help. (Sorry about the whole not logging thing now, totally getting my butt into gear)

Replies

• lcchrt
    Options
    Anyone??
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Yes, make an appointment with your doctor.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Without a completed diary it's hard for anyone here to offer any pointers. But considering the known issues for both yourself and your daughter in regards to food/ chemical sensitivities, I think it would be best to seek the help of a nutritionist or an allergist. Maybe both.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you're lactose intolerant and still eating cheese, my guess is your bloating is caused by the cheese! I'd suggest doing what you already know you should and stop (or reduce) your cheese intake.

However, as a cat lover with a cat who is lactose intolerant but loves cheese, I have learned that the sharper the cheese, the less lactose it contains. i.e. sharp cheddar. My cat can eat that with no trouble.
  • lcchrt
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I wish I had been logging so it would be easier to figure this out but ever since I met my weight goal and have been maintaining and focusing on working I have no interest in logging food. I'll probably go see an allergist first then a nutritionist, I can't imagine my doc being able to help much. I have eaten dairy once in about 2-3 weeks so I feel like I should be feeling better now if that was it.