C25k = ow!

Options
So I just started c25k yesterday..... And I wake up today with my left thigh muscles screaming at me when ever I do anything but walk, and stairs are just hell (like I seriously am having a hard time walking up them just because of my left thigh).... So I guess I pulled a muscle....

Awesome..... Anyone have an idea how long I should rest for? I guess until they aren't screaming at me anymore?

This really sucks by the way. I DONT WANT TO REST....

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    there are built in rest days to the program im working on mine on mondays wensdays and fridays may throw in some weight lifting or something on sunday havent decided
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Take it easy! I started today also, but I had done some freestyle jogging before so the transition wasn't as hard for me. Good luck and let me know how you like it!
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You'd have felt a pulled muscle pretty immediately. You are probably favoring your right side and heavier footed on your left. I remember my first weeks running- my legs, my abs, my back, the side stitches oy vey! It takes time! It's okay to go slower and ease into it :-)