Following Beachbody workout schedules?

Options
I've been logging into MFP for a few months now and I see all sorts of workout regimens and people losing insane amounts of weight (which is not my goal by the way).

Well I have virtually no attention span or routine to my life. Therefore, I do workouts as I please. Lately I have been doing a hybrid of P90x, Turbofire and taking my dog on hikes. A chickadee like me will burn like 600 kcal just walking on the trails...that sometimes I just don't want to do another workout to stick to a schedule. I try to vary everything and confuse my muscles (I'm always sore) and get a good mix of cardio and weight training.

What are your experiences with not following these schedules? Do you find it is putting you behind where you want to be? I just can't seem to focus long enough or structure my life around these things!

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like having a schedule to stick to. I did a 12 week lifting program earlier this year, and I'm about to finish Insanity. The time period in-between, where I was just working and out not following any specific sort of plan, I didn't see much progress.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ive done p90x and now Insanity, other than flipping the rest day I try to stick to the schedule. It seems to me the best way to be able to see if the program is working for me.