average calories per WEEK?

Options
I have been at this a little more than a month. I lost 3 lbs the first 2 weeks and figured - great- even a lb a week from here forward would be great. Im trying to go from 150 - 128. I am 5. 2''. MFP put me at 1200 with no exercise and I burn between 250-400 on average with an occasional crazy day of burning well over 600. I have been running, doing zumba, lifting weights 2x a week and throwing in an occasional circuit type training DVD and some yoga. I probably do a 40 minute work out as described 4 or 5 x a week. When I work out I usually dont eat my calories back. Some days maybe some of them. I have no lost any weight after the first 3 lbs that happened early in my 30+ days at this counting calorie thing. I have lost 2 inches of my waste- but no where else is a loss showing on the tape.

Im thinking Im stalled now, possibly eating too little. I wonder if a small tweak isnt needed.

I think it would be easier to just average 1400 a day whether I work out or not. Its been so easy eating 1200 - that Im torn about going to 1400 but I feel like Im also running out of steam when I run. ( a good run is 3.5- 4 miles but lately 2 is pushing it) So I think I do need these extras.

So my question --Does anyone out there do a steady caloric intake as opposed to eating back exercise cals? Instead of upping my deficit amt. and then eating over that when I exercise, I would just stay at 1400 all the time? Maybe 1500 would be appropriate. Im opening my diary and taking suggestions. Be tough and honest please.

Replies

• GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your calories are completely accurate?
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    What's your lifestyle set at? If you don't want to eat back exercise calories, try setting it to active and see how that goes for a couple of weeks. I agree - you're eating too little. And don't forget that you're building muscle- it's good that you're taking measurements to see progress that way. My biggest advice is to eat some protein with every meal.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your calories are completely accurate?

Pretty sure- Ive been reading labels longggg before I started here or ever even dieted. I have kept food diaries before too - so I do feel pretty good about how I count. Yes- I have a lot of home made things- but it was all built in the data base- or double checked on other sights, measured, weighed and eaten in its correct portion.

Calorie counting is not my troubles, Im quite confident.
    I figured since goal weight is 128 and Im a shorty 1200 is fair. Maybe for my activity level - which is moderate- I have an on the go job - on my feet 4-8 hrs a day 4-5 days a week, and Im no slouch when Im off - Im not eating enough. I never thought that could be a problem for me, but wonder now with the bigger work outs if Im blowing it by not fueling well.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im your 5'2.5 and 120lb, started at 162lbs...My BMR is 1280
    My weigh loss stalled after months of 1200cal..now I eat at least 1450 on days I do nothing and 1750 on more active days.

Try upping your calories and see how that goes for a few weeks.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My weigh loss stalled after months of 1200cal..now I eat at least 1450 on days I do nothing and 1750 on more active days.

Thank YOU for responding - I appreciate your perspective for sure. Upping the calories it is.. lets see how this goes..
    thanks again!
  • GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    LOL, ok, I just know with this database sometimes it is easy to underestimate. My poor family has my pieces of scattered paper all over the house from my math. I heard that 1200 is the cut off. I know I was doing 1300, stupid me readjusted the suggested number and I ended up pretty sick for a couple of days.

My suggestion, and I don't know if you have done it or not. Triple check your numbers on a few different sites to make sure your number is right. I took all of my numbers and averaged them out.
    Just ... 1200 seems awfully low to me.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Thank YOU for responding - I appreciate your perspective for sure. Upping the calories it is.. lets see how this goes..
    thanks again!

I know being a shortie we think it's ok to eat so little but really we can eat more and still lose :)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I like this simply because it helps me scatter my calories through the week and I come up with a deficit at the end of the week.

**You can alter it for whatever daily calorie count you want by messing with the height/weight thingy if you want a closer number.