best headphones for working out

Options
jadedzen
jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on great headphones to use while i'm working out that stay in pretty well. I don't like designs that hook around my ear because i wear glasses. Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions!

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Bose. They don't move. At all. But they're like $100/pair
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The Ironman ones are ear buds that stay in very well. They are about $30 at Target
  • jadedzen
    Options
    any particular design?
  • jadedzen
    Options
    The Ironman ones are ear buds that stay in very well. They are about $30 at Target

just looked those up, they look awesome. thanks for the suggestion!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've worn many different styles in my 10 year running career. Right now I am wearing a pair that I got from Radio Shack that are the best ones I"ve ever used! They are the store brand sports style, which are sweat-proof (whatever that means). They hook over the ears it I wear glasses too and they aren't am issue. They were a little pricey, but I go the insurance and if for any reason I don't like them (or the connector fails), I can get a different pair. They were $30. Well worth the price (I've never spent a lot of headphones)!!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For the record, earbuds fall out of my ears almost immediately if I am running.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Skullcandy. High performance, last forever, and they come with a lifetime warranty. Even if you damage them, Skullcandy send you a free pair for 50% of the purchase price. They're like $20 at Target. I recommend the Smokin' Buds earbuds.
  • jennismagic
    Options

Those look awesome. I couldn't justify spending that much on ear buds, though. I'd knock ish over the second I messed them up, haha.
  • jadedzen
    Options
    ooooh bose, you so sexy. i wish i was rich. but is now on my wish shopping list.
  • jadedzen
    Options
    I've worn many different styles in my 10 year running career. Right now I am wearing a pair that I got from Radio Shack that are the best ones I"ve ever used! They are the store brand sports style, which are sweat-proof (whatever that means). They hook over the ears it I wear glasses too and they aren't am issue. They were a little pricey, but I go the insurance and if for any reason I don't like them (or the connector fails), I can get a different pair. They were $30. Well worth the price (I've never spent a lot of headphones)!!
    I'll see what The Source has for them. I have a big pair of retro panasonic over ear headphones but they make me a little sweaty since they're so big.
  • Macley
    Macley Posts: 45
    Options
    Try the ear buds made by SKULL CANDY they have really good base and stay in your ears while you run, I wear glasses too.
  • jadedzen
    Options
    Skullcandy. High performance, last forever, and they come with a lifetime warranty. Even if you damage them, Skullcandy send you a free pair for 50% of the purchase price. They're like $20 at Target. I recommend the Smokin' Buds earbuds.

the bonus to those is that they're really reasonably priced. I'm not sure how well they'd say in for cardio. do you have any tricks for getting earbuds to stay in once you get a good burn on?
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Skull candy. Even their cheapest set is great. You want in ear head phones.
  • jennismagic
    Options

the bonus to those is that they're really reasonably priced. I'm not sure how well they'd say in for cardio. do you have any tricks for getting earbuds to stay in once you get a good burn on?

They stay in. No tricks. No special moves. Nothing. They come with ear bud covers in several sizes, so it's not hard to find the right fit.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    this might be helpful: http://gizmodo.com/5904875/the-best-headphones-for-running

Sennheiser and Shure audio quality's typically top-notch btw...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sennheiser sport headphones. They're the ONLY ones I've ever had that haven't shorted out from sweat. Even more expensive ones. You can even wash them, in water, to clean sweat off. They make a couple different models (earbud, around the ear, etc) and from what I've heard they're all equally durable so you can choose whichever model is most comfortable. I think the current model is branded with adidas.
  • jadedzen
    Options
    Sennheiser sport headphones. They're the ONLY ones I've ever had that haven't shorted out from sweat. Even more expensive ones. You can even wash them, in water, to clean sweat off. They make a couple different models (earbud, around the ear, etc) and from what I've heard they're all equally durable so you can choose whichever model is most comfortable. I think the current model is branded with adidas.

i've actually wanted a pair of sennheisers for a while now because i heard they were on par with bose for sound quality. i will definitely check those out.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I use Monster Beats by Dre Dre and Grado GS1000i. It really depends on how much you like music and what you're willing to pay. And how loud and bassy or if your a more mellow music listener or not. I work in the music industry and music is my life. I have to have a decent pair of headsets even if I am listening to music on my phone or the TV. If you're looking for a decent set of headphones at a decent price I would buy the Beats by Dr Dre Solo HD. They're not as bass and as deep sounding as the Monster Beats but they are very good for music either way.