Hi I'm Suzanne Simpson from...

trystakarm
trystakarm Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Covington, Tennessee. I am on here to make a lifestyle change that I know if I stay motivated I can succeed. I gained my weight right before I got pregnant with my nearly 3 yo. I was 184 before I knew it and I didn't gain much with her however after the birth I weighed 176 now I am up to 196. I quit smoking last December and maybe I turned to food for a new addiction. I have tried prescribed meds only to lose and gain more back. I found myself nervous and anxious with those meds and now I am ready to do this the right way. I am taking a yoga class at my college but find some of the poses nearly impossible. I do think it is helping but I do not like feeling the hold-back from my tummy which is in my way! I am almost 30 it is time for me to get moving and become healthy. I am up for suggestions and open- minded on this journey. I wish all of you the best in obtaining your goals. Lets get healthy peeps:)

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello tryskarn, yoga does have very advanced poses , but with time anything is possible. Try the treadmill on incline, also as I've heard hear the elliptical. :wink:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello Suzanne Simpson, lol it totally flew right by me. hah look up look up :noway:
  • Hi Suzanne! Congrats on taking on the task of getting healthy and feeling great. I've had great success on the Beachbody programs so maybe take a look at the Power90 program which you would be able to do in your home. Motivation is key so I would recommend that you make small changes but that you stick to them. Usually once you get past the first two weeks of change it's mostly downhill from there, but getting past the first two weeks can be tough so stick with it! Plan on loosing the weight over a longer period of time. You didn't put it all on over night and it will not come off quick either. A 2-3 lb weightloss per week is probably good. Change your current unhealthy habits that you k n o w are bad for you. For example, do you eat fast food? Decide to skip it all together. I haven't put my foot in a McDonald's in over 6 years and don't plan on doing it ever again. Do you drink sodas? Skip unhealthy liquid calories. Those two things there would take off probably 10 lb in one year without you doing any workouts, so imagine what a little moving around will do? I wish you all the best, and stick with your plan. You'll be so happy you did when you reach the finish line. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.