300 calorie "meal" ideas

Options
Jamcnair
Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
I'd like to try to eat 5 300-calorie meals a day....anyone do this and have ideas?

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carini_wini
    carini_wini Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can't really say I have many 'full meals' under 300.. The only thing I could say is sometimes I'll have a russett potato (around 110 calories) and a serving of Ready Pac Grand Parisian salad (140, filling and delicious!)

Chicken strips (John Soules Foods - Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips Grilled, 3 oz = 110) with either a bowl of jasmine rice (around 200) or a mission tortilla (150) and a handful of grapes or maybe one or two dates (which sadly are high in calories but not necessarily bad for you).

Edit: OH! Something else I thought of is matza ball soup in chicken broth. That's relatively low in calories (Manischewitz - Matza Ball Soup W/ 1 Matza Ball, 1 cup with w matza ball = 40 calories) That plus a salad, or some chicken would be lovely and a fairly light meal.
  • mcaffreyg
    mcaffreyg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    one and a half cups of barilla mini wheels pasta is 300 calories. and you can swing around 20-50 cals for some tomato sauce! I love it!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You could get rice paper and make your own oriental style wraps with lost of veggies and some meat in them. :)
  • HoneySunlight
    Options
    I love to make chicken tenders and put them in salad. It give you the protein you need to feel full and the veggies you need to stay healthy. Make sure to put a little bit of olive oil based dressing on it helps your body absorb the nutrients for the veggies. Hope that helps.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I always try to keep my meals around 300 calories. Check out myrecipes.com and search through the Cooking Light recipes. Really delicious, most are easy, and low calorie, fat, etc.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary, I try to do 4-6 meals a day, averaging 200-400 cals each.
  • iliketoeatfood
    Options
    DINNER or LUNCH

Try:
    Salmon - Walmart - Fillets Wild Caught (4 oz piece) = ~100 calories
    *You can make it low calorie by baking it with lemon juice, garlic, parsley and other herbs*

Asparagus - You can boil/steam/roast/grill - (try not to add oil, but you can drizzle them with evoo if you want which adds more calories... add pepper to them if you like) - 8 ounces ( Weigh after you break off the stems) = ~50 calories

Brown rice - Half a serving of brown rice - that is about 70g cooked brown rice. ~ 80 calories

For the rest of the calories: You can increase the rice to 140g instead of 70g. (70g is a pretty small portion)
    You can add more vegetables to fill you up, more asparagus, broccoli or anything you like.

If you want sweet add a fruit:
    Mango: 120g about 4 ounces = 80 calories
    Apple: 150g about 5 ounces = 80 calories
    Orange: 100g about 3.5 ounces = 80 calories

Any fruit you like would do :)

* if you don't like the fish, sub Kirkland Bonless, Skinless Chicken Breast - Grilled - Chicken Boneless//Skinless Grilled
    3 ounces = 100 calories

300 calorie meals are hard to do.. good luck! Eat a lot of fruit and vegetables!!
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You could get rice paper and make your own oriental style wraps with lost of veggies and some meat in them. :)

Where can you find these rice paper wraps and what are the calories for one?
  • iliketoeatfood
    Options
    BREAKFAST:
    2 Large eggs, when you cook it use the spray, so its lower calorie. = 140 calories
    1 slice of toast - I would pick 100% whole grain bread - calories vary depending on brand, ~ 70-90 calories
    Half a cup of Silk light soymilk (or any brand you like) = 30 calories
    OR
    Half a cup of non fat milk: which is about 45 calories

Then I would eat:
    Half a 7-8 inch banana, medium sized = 50 calories
    100g of fuji apple = 50 calories
    100g of raspberries = 50 calories.. raspberries are very good! *has 7 grams of fiber*

add any fruit that you like, fruits are good for you and low calorie :)

That is about 300 calories, depending on brands you pick
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I often eat under 300 for breakfast and lunch, it's not that difficult with salad and lean meat. Try:

- scrambled egg x 2 (140), smoked salmon (90), mushrooms (20)
    - banana (100), oatmeal (100), boiled egg (70)
    - Greek yoghurt (100), blueberries, strawberries (50), slice light toast (50) and peanut butter (50)
    - tons and tons of othe breakfasts! Check diary.

- Asian broth of chicken stock, soy, lime, lemongrass,
    Chillies, pak choi, mushrooms (100) served with grilled prawn skewers (80) and rice (140)
    - grilled cod fillet with Cajun spices (120), green peas (80) and sweet potato and red pepper wedges (100)
    - chilli made with small amount of lean beef (150), canned tomatoes (40), chillies, carrots, onion (30) tbsp red beans (30), and big crunchy green salad with corn (50)
    -stuffed bell peppers (30)with ground turkey (80), any diced veggies (30), top with salsa (20) and serve with roasted squash, aubergine, onion (50)
    - "burger" - lean beef patty (150) on a big flat mushroom (10) topped with salsa,beetroot slices, tomato (30) served with sweet potato wedges (100)
    - "Pizza" - a wholemeal tortilla (100) spread thinly with tomato sauce (20), low fat mozzarella (50) and slices thin salami (50), big rocket (arugola?) salad with grilled courgette (zucchini) and basalmic vinegar (50)
    - crab cakes- mix tinned crab (70), egg (70), chilli, lime, spices, spring onion (scallions?) in a bowl, shape into crab cakes and fry, serve with little corn (60), and a coleslaw of cabbage, red onion, carrot and low fat mayo (100)
  • midnight333
    Options
    I try to eat good, haven't lately. Thanks for the lots of ideas so far. bump
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad
    Tuna salad
    Stir fry with no noodles/rice just lots of veg
    Soup.
    Pretty much any meal with a large amount of low carb veg and a portion of leaneat/fish.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try to eat 5 300-calorie meals a day....anyone do this and have ideas?

Raw or cooked veggies would be under 300 calories (depending on how you cooked them). Any sauce or dip would be extra.
  • KSCarnivore
    Options
    300 calories is easy... there are lots of Lean Cuisine choices with 300 calories or less.

For dinner, I often eat Chobani Non-Fat yogurt in various flavors for 140 calories and an EAS AdvantEdge Shake for 110 calories. These two combined will also pack about 30 grams of protein into one meal.