Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    17010006_lg.jpg

^^This!! Jif when not ^^This
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    17010006_lg.jpg

I ate an entire jar of that in a single sitting once.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Smuckers Natural - contains only nuts and a little salt and comes in smooth and chunky. If you have a Publix Grocery Store in your area, their deli grinds fresh peanuts with no additives and no salt.
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Skippy Natural Creamy!!! we go thru a big jar a week!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Laura Scudder's.

Peanut butter should have one thing on the ingredients list:peanuts.
  • SlithyNatmo
    SlithyNatmo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Adam's. I'm actually allergic to brands like Jiff and Skippy because of all the crap they shove in there.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Skippy's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. For me, it seems like the only time I'll eat the chunky peanut butter if that's the only option if I'm not at home.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co. No contest. No other brand exists in my mind. PB&Co is crack!
    Be sure to try White Chocolate Wonderful. It tastes like an inside out reeses pb cup.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 , just has a great flavor
    pb2.jpg

Love me some PB2!

22560667.png
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Just blend up some peanuts with a hint of salt. That Jif/Skippy stuff is not even in the same league.

Premade, I like Peanut Butter and Company's White Chocolate Wonderful pb. ;)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Also i just hate skippy. Worst pb ever IMO xD
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    17010006_lg.jpg

^^ Yes, this but i am not to be trusted with it. I once had an incident.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Crunchy Kraft.
  • lacreek7
    lacreek7 Posts: 10
    Options
    We like the generic Great Value peanut butter from Walmart. It is not as sweet as the JIF which used to be my favorite. I really like the Almond Butter but it's not generic.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Smucker's Natural, one of the few truly natural pb's. Salt and peanuts. SImple as.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh .... Yumm. My fave subject. Wellll ...almost : ). My friends know I'm pretty passionate about my nut butter. My fridge and pantry have several jars

Used to be a diehard Jif girl. Still LOVE it, but have moved on to natural .

Smuckers Natural Crunchy

branching out from peanut :
    Maranatha no-stir crunchy almond
    Justin's original almond
    Archer Farms (Target). Peanut, almond cashew combo

Honorable mentions / special use : Peanut Butter & Company dark choc dreams and White Choc Wonderful

I think they are too sweet ..but good mixed or smeared on dark chocolate Powercakes www.powercakes.net

And!! Going to start processing up my own nut butters. think of the possible combos : )
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Jif for me. I know how negligible any difference is in the "health" value of PB, that I just go with what tastes the best.

You don't miss the salt in the "natural" vs regular versions, so I'll probably be buying it when the time arises.

Disclaimer: if being real freaks you out, don't read any thing further on my post.

A rotation student in our lab had a project to measure the aflatoxin (potent liver toxin and carcinogen produced by aspergillus flavis mold) levels in a variety of peanut butters (spanning "normal", natural, and organic). All had measurable levels of AFB1(the specific type of aflatoxin) and there were more natural PB's than normal that had levels above 10 parts per billion (ppb). The legal limit in PB and corn is 20 ppb. The highest we tested was 13 ppb, and it was a normal shelf stable one (not saying what brand). All were therefore within legal limits.

I ended up eating the remainder of all the PB's we tested.

My personal opinion goes: Jif, natural PBs made from valencia peanuts, Reeses, and natural PB's made from undisclosed peanuts.
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Adams- Hands down. Its what I grew up eating and it doesn't have sugar in it. I hate eating peanut butter with sugar in it, it just doesn't taste the same to me :)

I'm curious about the Peanut butter and co., we don't have that in Alaska. Where do they sell it/ can you get it online?
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up...the PB machines are Whole Foods look awesome! Wish I had one closer!

Fred Meyer stores (owned by Kroger, so may apply to their other stores too) have machines that grind fresh peanut butter, with nothing added but roasted unsalted peanuts. It tastes amazing! It's not as smooth as creamy peanut butter, but not chunky either.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Justin's - one ingredient and no stir!!