Wrap replacement?

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
So I love burritos, and wraps. One of my favorite meals is a good old breakfast wrap. Now I can make these pretty light but darn those wraps always seem to be so over loaded on the calories and carbs. What is a good sub out for these?

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I use La Bandarita low carb and La Tortilla Factory low carb, first I think is 110 calories the other is less, do a search for correct name, but thinking the la tortilla is the sonoma but they have others with lesser cals/carbs (net carbs). Have to look in fridge for the ones I got recently...think 50 or 60 calories. Found it, its La Tortilla factorys garlic and herb (they have a few flavors) 50 cals I think 4 net carbs

Here is another, just ordered so still waiting from Netrition.com Mama Lupe's 7-inch Low-Carb Tortillas, think 60 cals, 3 net carbs
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    this really isn't a wrap replacement but have you tried it just without the wrap?
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    this really isn't a wrap replacement but have you tried it just without the wrap?

If I do that its just scrambles and vegis on a plate :D
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    I use La Bandarita low carb and La Tortilla Factory low carb, first I think is 110 calories the other is less, do a search for correct name, but thinking the la tortilla is the sonoma but they have others with lesser cals/carbs (net carbs). Have to look in fridge for the ones I got recently...think 50 or 60 calories

Here is another, just ordered so still waiting from Netrition.com Mama Lupe's 7-inch Low-Carb Tortillas, think 60 cals, 3 net carbs

Thanks! I'll look into this.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Flatout is a wrap and it comes in many different flavors i use them for everything i even make pizza on them...they are only 90 cal its awesome!!! Try them out i like the light tomato it really works for everything.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Joseph's brand products are usually pretty good. They have a very soft texture and dont get all crusty on the edges or anything. They have a sesame flatbread that i love. Also, FlatOut has some good products.... i would mind the sodium on them as well though

Have you looked into using premade crepes? I just bought some that are 51 cals each
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    There are low carb wraps out there. I just saw some today! low carb= lower cal. I think they were like 5 net carbs. Remember that your fiber is subtracted from your carbs, that is your "true" carb intake.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

What about wrapping in lettuce (romaine, red leaf...)?
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I frequently use lettuce in place of the wrap. You can also make your own tortillas very easily and make them much healthier than what you get in the store. Google it for a plethora of recipes and even instructional videos.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I know some people use lettuce instead of tortillas - my taste buds don't particularly appreciate it, but worth trying
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I Like Mission Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas
    you can search for them in the food database,

Its 200 Calories for the 10" but its full of Fiber as well
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    kale works too, especially if you lightly season it and and then quickly wilt it in a warm pan with some olive oil.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options

lol!! i know but then you can eat more of it!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options

lol!! i know but then you can eat more of it!

True!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I know some people use lettuce instead of tortillas - my taste buds don't particularly appreciate it, but worth trying

I'm with you on that. Still trying to "learn to love it"
    I use Frestilla (sp) and they are 120 vs the 200 of the Missions. Little by little.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Ole makes tortillas called Extreme Wellness, they are low carb and only like 70cals!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like the Don Pancho Low Carb High fiber whole wheat wraps, medium size: 70 cal, 10g carb.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    Looks like I need to dig deeper at the market! Holy smokes thanks folks!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Lettuce. Some varieties have large leaves that are ideal.

Low cal, low carb, healthy, natural.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mmmm ,I like that idea, cheers.