body image.. denial...

Options
2»

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This website might help with understanding real body image.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=5+4&weight=220&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&new=1

Link is for yr height / weight. Good luck with the rest of your weight Los. :-)

Love this

me too
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    WOW i had the same experience. I gained almost 60 pounds this year and was in complete denial of it the whole time. I was convinced that nobody noticed and trying to hide it with clothes. Yesterday I tried to put on anything, my baggiest item, anything and realized nothing fits, even my "baggy" clothes are too tight to wear outside! I went to the gym today and started using myfitness pal today. My fingers are crossed.
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was in denial. Started out at 261..wore a 18/20. Thought I was pretty and I wore nice clothes so I felt can't be that bad. But I also avoided the camera. When I finally saw what I really looked like (the rolls of fat, the muffin top, the back boobs) I could have cried. Now on the other hand, I have lost 72 pounds. And I still see myself the same....until someone takes a pic. Then I am shocked because it doesnt look like me. Its called "body dysmorphia". We can't see ourselves basically. I want to make sure I keep a good image in my head because I sure dont want to go backwards!