Seem to be stuck at same weight

Options
I seem to be stuck on the same weight. When I started close to five months ago I weighed 325. ow the lowest I was 280. Today I am at 286. The thing that bothers me is that I was 280 last week. Is it really possible that I gained 5 pounds in one week? My weight keeps yo-yoing and it is getting disheartening. For some reason I seem to be stuck in the 280's and can't break it. One day I'm 282 then the following day I'm 286! How do I break through this. this has been going one for about a month and a half now. I joined LA Fitness last month too because I feel like I'm stuck. I own one of the body fat scales too and for my body fat changes all the time too. Anyone else having this problem or had this problem? I would love to hear someones opinion on this because it's just getting annoying now.

Replies

• phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Gaining a little weight is a natural part of losing it. First, only weigh once a week- those little fluctuations will get to you. Second, would you consider opening your food diary, so we can take a look? It's hard to gage what's going on without seeing what you're eating every day.

Also, congrats on your progess so far!!
  • ldominguez1986
    ldominguez1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made it open
  • CelestinoZ
    Options
    I would start by not having so many soft drink everyday. Most sodas contain a lot of surgar, and high fructose corn syrup. These can greatly hamper weight or fat loss. I would only have one soda a day, try drinking water instead. Sodas are nothing but empty calories. High fructose has been shown to increase appetite and lead to an increase in body fat, especially abdominal fat, as well as an increase in triglycerides. Lastly, try not having large meals for dinner, some of your dinners were over 1000 calories. Have you larger meals earlier in the day.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    hey
    that sounds frustrating. time to re-evaluate and not to give up. you've done really great so far,well done!
    Have you reassessed your caloric needs now you are lighter? Likely that you wont be able to lose at as high a rate and you may need to eat less too.
    WHat about exercise? Time for a new routine?
    There are plenty of threads here on plateaus and how to break them.
    DOnt worry you have no no no NO way put on 5lb of fat in a weel. A lb of ft is about 3500kcal, so Im guessing you havent eaten 17,500kcal extra this week right!
    I know its frustrating but stick with it, put in your weight, activity level etc again and make sure your goals are set properly. Are you estimating exercise cals ok now youve lost weight too?
    hang in there!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    OK Ive looked at your diary I think you eat too much? Also, the sodas are not good and a lot of your food choices are junk foods - what about good carbs, lean meat, plenty veggies, fruit, water? I think this would make a big difference!