Threw my back out on Day 3

Options
It's like the Universe said "Ah HA!! So you think you're going to get into shape, 'eh?"

Somehow when I was out on my walk this morning, not doing anything out of the ordinary, my back went "Twang!!!" and now I can't stand up straight, get comfortable, or do much of anything.

I'm trying not to console myself with food, and so far, doing okay!

Anyone feel like posting "There, there" to me and reminding me that these things clear up in time and that I'm still on track?

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've always heard weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise.
    That being said, you can still succeed, even with this minor set back.
    Keep your hands and mind as busy as possible so you won't be as tempted to snack.
    I hope your back heals soon!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks Phoenix! This is what I need!!:smile:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Correct...you can't out run a bad diet.

My wife is getting close to her goal weight, and she does nothing more than take walks.

I work out mostly because I like working out. I've worked out a lot, but never saw any real results in weight loss until I started eating better, and eating proper portions.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    80/20 -- my weight loss has been more like 98% diet 2% exercise. And by exercise I mean having another child & chasing 2 now instead of 1. :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Correct...you can't out run a bad diet.

My wife is getting close to her goal weight, and she does nothing more than take walks.

I work out mostly because I like working out. I've worked out a lot, but never saw any real results in weight loss until I started eating better, and eating proper portions.

I exercised to justify the crap I ate. I lost nothing. I plateaued.
    I stopped exercising (which isn't good, but crap happened) and began eating better.
    Weight began coming off.
    I do intend to start exercising again, but I hope to keep the better eating habits too!
  • SulisVioletWings
    Options
    Yup.... eating healthy and staying within a decent calorie range has helped me lose over 40 pounds with NO exercise..... I know I will be a stronger and healthier person when I do start an exercise program but at the moment I am doing just fine...

And so will you till your back heals!!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

It's nice to know I can take a few days off from the walking and still lose weight if I watch my eating!