great tip if u feel sick when dieting!!

Options
if anyone feels really sick whilst dieting like (i feel really sick when dieting) add a lil bit of ground ginger to ur brekfast or coffee or whatever, it sorts u straight out - and ovbi doesnt add calories because its a seasoning or spice or whatever it is!

this morning i added ground ginger and a lil bit of brekfast oats to my shop bought smoothie this morning and feel a million times better and also feel lovely and full!

the ginger is a really good idea when you are detoxing aswel, i make detox baths to drain the toxins out of my body every so often and making sure i drink loads of water and having a bit of ginger will not only help to detox but stop u feeling sick when the toxins r draining :)

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Which toxins are drained from these detox baths? Where do they drain out of?
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    the toxins that build up in ur body from all different things - drink drugs junk food pollution etc, having ur body full of toxins can make u feel depressed, tired and like u cant be bothered to do anything, insomnia, unwell, etc and they drain from out of ur pores,

all i do is run a nice hot bath and add 1 cup of epsom salts (you can get a 2kilo tub for like a tenner at any health shop) which helps drain the toxins, sea salt flakes which not only helps with the detox but makes ur skin so so soft, and ground ginger which helps open up the pores ( but go careful with the ginger because too much can make ur skin feel like its burning ( maybe like 2 tablespoons) and get in as hot as u can take it after mixing the bath around a bit, and make sure u have lots and lots of water there to drink cz if u dont drink tons ul feel really sick, and soak in the bath for around 40 mins, and brush ur skin with a loofa or bath brush while ur in there every so often to help along the process and ul start prefusely sweating after about 2 mins,
    and just chill and read a book or something, but make sure u get out of the bath slowly cz ul probably feel dizzy or a bit light headed,
    and u will carry on sweating after the bath for a while, if you wrap yourself up afterwards you can carry on sweating the toxins out for hours afterwards ,
    hope this helps you :)
    emily x
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Why would 'dieting' make you feel sick?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Why would 'dieting' make you feel sick?

That's what I wondered.

Are you eating too little, OP? What are you eating? I'm enjoying food more than ever while "dieting".
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I think if you're sick while dieting a better tip might be to look at whether you're under eating.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ground ginger has calories. just because something is a spice doesn't mean that it is calorie free. granted that it is low (6 calories per 1tsp/1.8g) but it is still something.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I think if you're sick while dieting a better tip might be to look at whether you're under eating.

And having a quick browse of your diary (1200 cals is generally too low, unless you're a very very petite person), I suspect that lack of fruit and veg, and high levels of processed diet food might also be a culprit.

I do hope you feel better soon. It's horrid feeling sick.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't felt sick..

Maybe you aren't eating enough. Especially if you feel light headed.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Which toxins are drained from these detox baths? Where do they drain out of?

All sounds a bit homeopathic to me. I knew a girl who was convinced that wearing a crystal around her neck helped her body, I think she was pagan.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    OP, it looks like you've been around for only a week or so, and it looks like you are getting plenty to eat. what kind of "sick" do you feel??
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

And having a quick browse of your diary (1200 cals is generally too low, unless you're a very very petite person), I suspect that lack of fruit and veg, and high levels of processed diet food might also be a culprit.

I do hope you feel better soon. It's horrid feeling sick.

I agree, add I some fresh fruit and vege's instead of a cheese sandwhich and chocolate bar for dinner and you might not need the ginger :)
  • xMillyLouisex
    Options
    hahaha yeah i know ive had looads to eat this week, proper binged, but im a yoyo dieter so il eat hardly anything or eat loads, but i always feel sick when ive dieted before is what i mean, and i think it is cz i dont eat very much when i do, and the computor worked on the 1,200 cals for me, i am a petite person.
  • xMillyLouisex
    Options
    and i DEF need to eat more fruit and veg etc thn processed foods, that is probs the main thing making me feel so ill to be honest! bt im one that cant be bothered to take much time cooking, if neones gt any recipes they can give me that i can whip up quickly id be really greatful!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be experiencing this even though you're trying to lose weight. Most people aren't actually sedentary and they just don't realise it. You can eat more, lose weight, have more energy and not feel sick. Check out the eat more to weigh less group and you can find your tdee on http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/, put your current weight as your goal weight and select your activity level, then just cut from 15%
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    hahaha yeah i know ive had looads to eat this week, proper binged, but im a yoyo dieter so il eat hardly anything or eat loads, but i always feel sick when ive dieted before is what i mean, and i think it is cz i dont eat very much when i do, and the computor worked on the 1,200 cals for me, i am a petite person.
    MFP set mine to 1,200 too, I think it does for most people but I can lose weight eating alot more, I'm only 5ft so I'm really short too haha.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If you're sure you're eating enough calories, have a look at what you're eating while you're dieting that you're not eating when you're not, because it could be a food intolerance. It's not normal to feel sick while dieting.

Ginger is good for nausea, but you should be looking at why you're feeling nauseous in the first place and fixing that.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    MFP set mine to 1,200 too, I think it does for most people but I can lose weight eating alot more, I'm only 5ft so I'm really short too haha.

This - work out your BMR and TDEE, and sort out your settings manually. Definitely try to up your fresh food intake, and I'd lay off the shakes and things (they make me feel sick too - mostly cause they're a bit on the nasty side!).

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    diet = drastic changes which are unsustainable, hence the yoyo-ing
    lifestyle change = small changes to healthier foods, less take out, and BIG portions of GOOD food

i cant relate to the sick feeling because im not on a diet - last night my dinner was 1600cals, i dont even go to the gym, i dont walk or do exercise at the moment, AND i even had quite a bit to eat during yesterday before dinner...... lifestyle changes mean i can have real food, and big portions of it, just in moderation.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    diet = drastic changes which are unsustainable, hence the yoyo-ing
    lifestyle change = small changes to healthier foods, less take out, and BIG portions of GOOD food

i cant relate to the sick feeling because im not on a diet - last night my dinner was 1600cals, i dont even go to the gym, i dont walk or do exercise at the moment, AND i even had quite a bit to eat during yesterday before dinner...... lifestyle changes mean i can have real food, and big portions of it, just in moderation.

so you eat enormous dinners and don't exercise? i don't see how this is something to be proud of. If you don't make changes, how can you expect to see any change?
  • meerkat70
    Options

so you eat enormous dinners and don't exercise? i don't see how this is something to be proud of. If you don't make changes, how can you expect to see any change?

I think the point was more that calorie reduction doesn't need to be drastic....

I run a lot, and do other activity, and eat around 2k most days. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed on 1200 and I would be sick if I tried to eat that little.