What NOT to Wear: Before & After Photos

SabrinaSt
SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
Hi. I'm just curious. I really am keen on chronicling my weight loss progress and posting few photos on my blog. Do you think wearing basic underwear is acceptable? I find my bikinis way skimpier and my gym clothes are rather loose.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    i never think basic underwear is acceptable to post online EVER
    a normal bathing suit is unfortunately excused from this (heavens if i know why)

why not wear normal clothes. Its what you wear everyday anyway and most ppl will see you in.
    if you have to be naked to show off your weight loss maybe you should wait till its more noticeable. (not YOU specifically )
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Maybe a sports bra and short pair of tights.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    a normal bathing suit is unfortunately excused from this (heavens if i know why)

why not wear normal clothes. Its what you wear everyday anyway and most ppl will see you in.
    if you have to be naked to show off your weight loss maybe you should wait till its more noticeable. (not YOU specifically )

Noted.

The problem is... I look fine with normal clothes on (as is the case with the so-called skinny fat people). The flabs only show when the dress is off.

I'll take your advice. Thanks! :smile:
  • I did (for my eyes so I can compare) a sports bra and a pair of boy shorts.
  • I think basic bra/panties can be totally tasteful as long as they're cut without revealing too much (in terms of what you're comfortable with). I think that using a push-up during "before" photos is really nice, because it helps to accentuate the good things about your figure. Cute underwear is really inspiring for me, because that's mostly what I model in, and I think it reminds you of the firey, strong, sexy goddess just waiting to take form underneath all the fears and doubts holding you back! That's just my opinion though, you might be less of an exhibitionist! ;P
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    as long as your not sitting with your legs spread directly to camera, I don't see any objection to bra and panties. Maybe it's from years of dancing and locker rooms but I font really care who sees my normal bra and panties, its more covering than my swimsuit that's for darn sure.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member

Just a personal take on this...in 5 months of weight lifting, I lost only 6 pounds. I was already at a normal weight, I went down maybe one jeans size, but it was not very noticeable when I was wearing clothes. But out of clothes...whooooo baby! I felt fabulous about the shape and definition of my muscles--especially my butt and stomach! It's tempting to show off progress, especially when you've worked so hard for it!
    I normally am a modest lady--at the lake, I wear a one piece/shorts rather than a bikini. So I just showed the pictures to a few of my girlfriends. My profile is private, so for awhile, I made my friends list "female only" and uploaded some more revealing pictures there so that my lady friends could see how lifting weights could change their bodies (and that it is not all about the numbers on the scale.) If I had never seen pictures of how weight lifting changed other ladies' bodies, I might have never decided to try it for myself. ''"{
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member

how do you really feel
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member

Sounds good.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    I think it's not really about WHAT you are wearing, but more of HOW MUCH is showing...I have several pics in bikinis and one in panties but I think it's appropriate. Some may not, but it's not showing anything! No nipple, no asscheek, no vag...you get my drift ;)
  • antypim89
    antypim89 Posts: 31 Member
    I do mine in a sports bra and hot pants....they reveal EVERYTHING ha ha ha that way for me theres no escaping the truth
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member

Go with this... I can't wait unitl I have after pics to show!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    According to the rules of the site underwear is NOT acceptable no matter how modest (I've seen people get boy shorts removed) and bikinis ARE acceptable no matter how skimpy (except maybe thong bikinis). I've seen pictures in tiny triangle bikinis that barely cover the nipple.
  • I debated this myself. I did my before pics with my bra and underwear because they were less revealing than a bikini. Also, I don't own a bikini. :) I love looking at before and afters and realized lots of people do them this way. Once I get to the after part, I'll post them!
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    i take all my pics in tighty whities and cowboy boots....if ur offended ur un-american
  • According to the rules of the site underwear is NOT acceptable no matter how modest (I've seen people get boy shorts removed) and bikinis ARE acceptable no matter how skimpy (except maybe thong bikinis). I've seen pictures in tiny triangle bikinis that barely cover the nipple.

I saw that and I am always confused by what people get away with!
  • It's 2012 just strip to your underwear.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    sports bra or basic black soft cup bra and panites would be fine.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    I put on tights and a tight t-shirt for my photos, even though I'm not posting them. I can still see the shape in them but I'm covered up. Also, I can see how the bulges will go down. XD

But if you wanna see your abs/arms/etc. I think a sports bra and tight shorts are perfectly acceptable.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Honestly - wear what you feel comfortable in. I don't think any reasonable person will bust out a torch and a pitchfork just because you decide to take a shot in your underwear. Many people check themselves out in their underwear and if that's what is your benchmark, then by all means. Obviously, you need to dress in a manner that will show your before and after effectively.