Hope this is the last one ...

Hi,
Tried various diet, program, and hope this is the one which will help me.
I am looking for friend to help me on this new journey starting today.
Can't excercise right now, but hope will still see result :)
Anyone got advise or help to give, i would be gratefull
Thanks
Claire

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 644 Member
    Hi,
    I'm in the beginning of my weightloss journey (have been on here 1 month) but so far it's really working for me. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I'm not exercising much at the moment, I have finally come to realise that weightloss is far more affected by diet (nutrition and amount) than exercise which is why I've struggled so much in the past. That said I want to become more active too. You can add me as a friend if you like.

Oh and my #1 tip: take it slow. I'm making a couple of small changes per month eg. having breakfast every day (works for me) and focusing on my 5-a-day fruit and veg. I know that if I try to do it all at once I'll do really well for 2-3 weeks and then give up.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    I agree with the slow changes.
    I've tried to so many times to just dive right in and work out the best meal plan and try stick to it but I found that by day 3 I was starving and craving junk food so much, I gave in and ate alot.

I started by giving up cup of tea and toast in the morning.
    I used to have 4 slices of toast and 2-3 cups of tea with milk and sugar.
    I stopped it and started having cereal, and some really cold water.
    I also used to eat lots of junk late at night, I stopped buying all the junk. If it's not in my house I can't eat it.
    Everyone is different though and the same things don't work for everyone, just think of a few things you can change for now and then once you change that part of your routine you can work on another thing.
  • Catsden
    Catsden Posts: 4
    You should find an inspirational picture of yourself, either when you looked great, or when you looked fat- either way I think it's an encouragement to either strive to "get back where you were" or look better than you do! It helped me to watch the biggest looser!
    :smile:
  • Cla1reN
    Cla1reN Posts: 5
    Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

I am going to take it one day at a time :) and yes trying to see it as a lifestyle change more than a diet.

Just trying to encourage the girls to help as well and make changes with all the family :)

So we can make better choices in the food we buy, but keeping teenagers happy and healthy eating in one sentence dont always go together. lol
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    This will work for you if you are determined to make it work. The diaries are key for this.