• caseisdog
    Options
    Go for rn I have with 3 sons
  • angelbaby52102
    angelbaby52102 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lpns are sexier.

;)

LOL!! Someone just said that to me the other day..too funny!
  • angelbaby52102
    angelbaby52102 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Go for your RN it's cheaper in the long run and its so hard to get hired in a hospital setting as an LPN. I am an LPN currently in school to obtain my RN and so wish I had went straight for my RN. I wish you the best of luck.

Kim Tiller LPN

This is what I've been told a lot too, I will have to still work full time while going to school, our local technical school offers a great part time lpn program which is what I was thinking and then working as an lpn while transitioning to rn rather than the whole time as a cna..
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I am taking a couple classes this semester to try and get my foot in the door to get into our nursing program here. It is TOUGH.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have a few more classes to take before I can apply to a nursing program. :smile:
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    No matter what nurse you are..be ready to spend holidays apart from your family! The first 3 Christmases, Thanksgivings, etc. I celebrated after becoming a nurse...were with my patients.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I just got my BSN and just found my first job after spending May-July searching. There are a ton of RN nursing jobs...but they will not hire new grads in many urban areas, as the demand is higher. In rural areas, you will most likely get hired quickly, but not in urban settings. I am lucky to have found a job!

However, I love nursing so it was worth the wait to find a job!