Cortisol

Options
:explode: I was thinking earlier today about how a year ago, I lost like 15 pounds and it was kindof easy. And I got to thinking why it was so hard now. Now that I have thought about it and looked back, a year ago I was working part time at the mall, living with my parents, and had alot of time to spend with my husband and my son. My life now is this- School full time, keeping up on our new home, mother and wife, and now I work at the hospital full time ON TOP of getting ready to start a new posistion as an OBGYN Tech, which im really stressed out about because its soooo different then what I do now.
So I did some research on stress and weight loss. Come to find out, when we are chonically stresses our bodies release a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol pretty much hangs onto the body fat, espeacially around our bellies. I have been doing this school,work thing full time for over 6 months. Im surprised that I dont have "HIGH CORTISOL" writin across my forehead. SOO my plan is next semester to cut down on school, and do more stress relieving activities such as reading, hottubs, massages, spending time with my long time- no see friends.
What are some ways that I can relieve stress, and lower my cortisol levels? ADVICE PLZ!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I have a hectic stressful lifestyle too. I feel ya! I have found that I have to just make some time for myself. I usually do this with my workouts to relieve some stress, but if the workouts don't cut it, then I take a bubble bath after the kiddo's are in bed, or I will read a cheesy romance novel before going to sleep or something. :laugh: The trick is to find something totally indulgent for yourself. Paint your nails or give yourself a pedicure. You have to pamper you!
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a hectic stressful lifestyle too. I feel ya! I have found that I have to just make some time for myself. I usually do this with my workouts to relieve some stress, but if the workouts don't cut it, then I take a bubble bath after the kiddo's are in bed, or I will read a cheesy romance novel before going to sleep or something. :laugh: The trick is to find something totally indulgent for yourself. Paint your nails or give yourself a pedicure. You have to pamper you!
    Them are some good ideas. I think my problem is im starting to become physically stresses. I work out hard, and Im on my feet at work for 12 hous three times a week. And i never get time to rest. So i need to make time for that .
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Them are some good ideas. I think my problem is im starting to become physically stresses. I work out hard, and Im on my feet at work for 12 hous three times a week. And i never get time to rest. So i need to make time for that .

Yeah, you definitely need to take some rest days. It is ok not to workout every day.....remember that your muscles need time to heal. I usually workout every other day. It seems to be working so far!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    More rest, less cardio, more sleep. :smile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Workout and Sex:laugh: