A small hurdle I passed with all y'alls help

Options
2»

Replies

• Esmerelda13
    Esmerelda13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I ran into the same thing this week. We had surpassed the all time high record for pounds made and so they brought in lunch for us. Party subs, potato chips and cookies. I'm trying to keep my salt intake low so that leaves out the lunch meat and potato chips and cookies are sugar. Then you have to put up with the weird looks from the people that provided it as to why aren't you eating it? It's never simple and what you did was more than just turning down food. So once again, way to go!
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job! I probably would have caved on nachos as well! I have started prelogging my meals and it helps me make helathier choices.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great going, buddy! Believe me, the temptation is always there, and there will be those people telling you, "Why WON'T you eat it? We've earned this!" It's exactly what you said, though. All the foods they were offering for Happiness Week were anything BUT happy for the body. Some of those co-workers of yours must be part Borg (that "resistance is futile" bunch from Star Trek: The Next Generation). Whatever you do, don't let those co-workers "assimilate" you!

I am extremely fortunate that the co-workers I have at my job are so fully supportive of my weight-loss efforts and are proud of what I've done. After all, I live in one of the toughest places when it comes to food, the Deep South. Some of the temporary employees, though, tried their darndest to make me eat doughnuts, but they failed. I just needed to smell the doughnuts, and that was enough. One of them actually said, "A doughnut is 21 calories, not 21 carbs." I did looking up, and a Krispy Kreme regular glazed doughnut has 21 carbs and 190 calories. If I hadn't already had breakfast at home, two doughnuts would've been fine. Being diabetic and having to watch those carbs, I know what NOT to do nowadays.

Now, there is a bake sale coming up at work this Wednesday. I plan to contribute to it, but don't expect me to EAT any of those baked goods. I also had been thinking of maybe trying one of those hot dogs from this place called "Awesome Hot Dogz," but I'm gonna stick to my guns and avoid it. I don't know where the hot dogs are coming from, so I suspect they'll be very high in sodium (a no-no for me with high blood pressure).

Always remember to listen to YOURSELF first. If your instincts tell you it's not right, trust those instincts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!