spinach recipes please

Options
I love spinach but I'm out of ideas. Vegetarian recipes please.

Replies

• head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    There is a good one that I'm going to eat for dinner tonight: boiled spinach, onion fried on olive till brown and soft, peach (originally pear) and a bit of gorgonzola.
  • yadutwum
    Options
    in a non stick pan spray with pam cooking oil and sautee frest baby spinach with one teaspoon olive oil, minced garlic , scalots and red roasted peppers. I enjoy this with baked salmon smothered in pesto sauce. Enjoy
  • vidchick73
    vidchick73 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like it in quesadillas. Also, I'm sure it would be great in like a veggie lasagna made with sliced squash or eggplant vs noodles.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    I just put it in a smoothie every morning with protein powder and/or greek yogurt, and alternating fruits. Sometimes also either chia seeds or rolled oats.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My husband loves spinach so we use it all the time!
    I add it to chicken/vegetable soup, mixed in with pasta and feta, pasta mixed with cannelini beans, spinach, garlic, and vegetable broth, homemade spinach/garlic/lemongrass/ginger dumplings...I actually could keep going haha
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Ingredients:
    9 lasagna noodles, cooked
    10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
    15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 egg
    salt and fresh pepper
    32 oz tomato sauce
    9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lovely, thank you all. Your recipe ideas have made my mouth water!