Success with podrunner First Day to 5K??

Options
Hi all! This is my first post on MFP. :)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried the podrunner intervals First day to 5K running program? I'm about to start week 4 of 9 and was hoping some of you could share some success stories about this program to keep me motivated! I've never been much of a runner, but I like it so far. It's a BPM program (but I don't really run to the beats, I just like the energizing music and chimes to tell me when to speed up/slow down).

Happy to hear your thoughts! Thanks

Replies

• ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you a success story but is this similar to couch to 5k? I am going to try to find a program to start but I don't know what to do!
  • viki_88
    viki_88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I don't know anything about the couch to 5k program. I stumbled upon this podcast when looking for music with a good beat for running to. It's enjoyable and it starts out pretty easy with long walking intervals and short bursts of running. I've already noticed a significant improvment in my cardiovascular fitness. If it works like it's supposed to, I should be running 5k in approximately 5 weeks. (it's 9 weeks overall). Good luck with your search!
  • viki_88
    viki_88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the podrunner interval podcast is free! Which is awesome. :)

I got it in itunes but here's a link to the website http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html
  • 39esw53
    39esw53 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PODRUNNER rocks.....I used the 5K program and finished feeling quite good about running which is way better than my prior attempts at running.
    I am now moving up to the 8K interval and expect to do the 10K after that.
    Trying to build my base.