Plateau

Options
I'm 20 y/o, 5'7" and 185.0 lbs. I've hit a bit of a plateau it seems. I've been doing 30DS and only have 2 days left, but it seems as if my body has adjusted to the routine and I'm not seeing any progress now. I'm getting an elliptical at the end of this month (it's on layaway at Kmart), but I know I need to incorporate more cardio. Last night I went for a jog/walk (24 minutes for 1.55 miles :-( ) and am going to work on improving that time nightly.

I guess my question is, for someone with the same stats/body type I do, what works best for you? I have two 5 lb weights and use those on a regular basis and am going to get a kettle bell. I also have a punching bag and jump rope. Any suggestions??

Replies

• reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wow first of all great job!!!!
    for cardio at home, you should use 1 minunte intervals with as high as intensity as you can then walk it out for 1 minute and then do it again.
    this is what i did for the longest time at home
    1 minute on step bench (the two feet out to the side then jump on top)
    walk around 1 minute
    1 minute with jump rope
    walk around 1 mniute
    1 minute on stationary bike
    walk around 1 minute
    1 minute jumping jacks
    walk around one minute
    i did this over and over for about 12-15 minutes every day
    it worked for me
    now i go to the gym but i still dod high intensity intervals on the machines there
    when i started i weighed over 180 my self
    dont quit :)
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    wow first of all great job!!!!
    for cardio at home, you should use 1 minunte intervals with as high as intensity as you can then walk it out for 1 minute and then do it again.
    this is what i did for the longest time at home
    1 minute on step bench (the two feet out to the side then jump on top)
    walk around 1 minute
    1 minute with jump rope
    walk around 1 mniute
    1 minute on stationary bike
    walk around 1 minute
    1 minute jumping jacks
    walk around one minute
    i did this over and over for about 12-15 minutes every day
    it worked for me
    now i go to the gym but i still dod high intensity intervals on the machines there
    when i started i weighed over 180 my self
    dont quit :)

Thanks! I've already lost 25 lbs, so a plateau is to be expected, just frustrating all at the same time. I will definitely try the intervals!