Recording routine exercise?

Options
I've got a question here.
If I set myself as an "Active" person in my profile because I ride my bike to work and am a waitress and on my feet all day, should I be adding the time spent running around work and riding there in my exercise log? I feel like it is telling me I can eat more calories than I really should.
I weigh about 165 and it is telling me to eat about 3200 calories on days I log walking at work and about 1800 on days I don't.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log all the extras you do at work/biking there if you already put you were active. I weigh about the same as you, and I put lightly active. My calories/day are supposed to be just shy of 1500.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would think "no" to adding that in your exercise log. By picking "active" for your lifestyle you're really already accounting for the bike ride and being on your feet. That's just my take on it though.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    hmm, tough Q. I would usually log cardio and strength training/exercises into the log (specifically knowing that i am pushing my heart rate higher than usual). Don't know abt cycling to work though ...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If I worked a job where I were on my feet all day, I would set my status to Lightly Active to account for being on my feet, and then add any extra activities like bicycling to work, etc.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If you counted those activities in your activity level, you can't count them again in your exercise diary. That's double-dipping. :wink: