SV, NSV, or possible fail

Options
Last night we went to a birthday party. I started out "good", but then the chips were calling my name and I indulged. I ate a lot of chips (and yes, I did log). After the party I said screw it and stopped at Culvers and got a small french fry and a small diet pepsi. As I was driving home, I thought to myself, well, I did walk a lot today, I could go for a walk and lessen the damage of the chips, cupcake, and fries.

So, I got home. Ate 1/2 of the fries and threw the rest away. Then I dumped the diet pepsi and got a water. Then I went on a walk. A long walk (for me). I ended up over on calories still, but not crazy over like it normally would have been. Then I was "good" the rest of the night.

I don't know whether to call it a failure or a NSV because to me it is neither, but a million times better than I normally am.

SV topic: So this is week 1 for me. I have always thought "the bigger the person, the quicker the weightloss initially". I lost .9 lbs this week (and I was really good except last night). I was actually really disappointed in the .9lbs weightloss. I have over 100lbs to lose, so I should lose quicker, right? I have actually been kind of bummed that my weight has been crazy this week. I was hoping for a little over a pound. Anyway, I decided I don't care .9lbs lost is better than gaining .9lbs. I need to do this and I need to feel better again. I am happy for my .9lbs loss. I'll take .9lbs for the next 120 weeks and be happy :)

ETA: I should add my profile pic is from last year. I am 30lbs more now than that pic. I am at my highest weight ever :/

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good for you for stopping the "bad food binging" and getting out and walking! We all have those moments. Be proud that instead of resigning yourself to the fact that you overate, you took control and amended the situation the best you could. Plus, youve learned for next time that it isnt worth it! Next time maybe a healthy choice may be easier, id call it a NSV for sure :)
    You're doing GREAT keep pushing forward!
    *feel free to add me!