Has anyone else in their 50's tried a fit bit?

Options
2»

Replies

• cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I dont fit into the age category (I'm only 20) but I have torsions in both of my hips and RA in my hands. I know how hard it is to do anything when you are in pain.

I have had my Fitbit for a little over a year. I love it, it really gets me motivated to get moving (even if it is to attempt to beat my mom's 20k steps a day)

At first it was very difficult to reach the daily goal of 10k steps a day, but now I have graduated to aim for 15k a day. I love to see how far I can go, especially on days I dont work because I am on my feet, walking all day long for my job.

I have a fitbit ultra which tracks your sleep, a function that I am in love with. I have some disorders which affect my sleep, it is important for me to see HOW much my sleep is disturbed and after what actions (be it new meds, meditation, reading, what have you) help or hurt my sleep. SOO interesting.

I definately think that it is a GREAT investment. It has kept me motivated on days I really didnt want to be.
  • cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I no longer talk to my mother, but she is...turning 51 in October, and she just got a fitbit.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I will be celebrating my 58th birthday tomorrow and my wife got me fitbit back in May for Father's Day. I have found it to be a great motivator. It is clipped to the pocket of my pants as I type. :-)
  • hadlockd801
    hadlockd801 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m 49 with multiple medical issues. Been using mine for several weeks! Love it! It is inspiring and the people here help to inspire one another. I highly recommend it. I bought mine on ebay for $79, free shipping. His wife had only used it a couple of times and stopped. Her loss was my gain! Mine came with everything it needed. Not a bad place to start! Best of luck!
  • Nancer1954
    Options
    I am 58 and I don't have a fit bit. I just ordered a pedometer on line the other night, before I joined this web site. I wish I had waited to order one now! A fit bit sounds like a good idea. I may purchase one myself, if the other one I got does not work that well. Good luck!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'M 64, received my Fitbit as a gift for Mother's Day in May...I love it! I too have multiple medical issues including RA and have found the Fitbit keeps me motivated to keep moving. Today is the first day I haven't worn it and that is just because I am wired up to a holter monitor for the next 24 hours and they asked me not to wear the Fitbit with it. I think a Fitbit is a great investment in your health!