Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lifting for a total beginner at home

Hi All,

I keep reading how lifting heavy is really good, muscle development helps burn cals and create definition and and gives you are really good, fit look (lol) :smile:

So, I have been thinking that I'd like to start weight training but I've no idea where to start!

I have a couple of light weights (dumbells) which I could use and I could splash out and buy more weights to use at home (dumbell / kettlebells).

Can any of you lovely people point me in the right direction, maybe point me towards a good training programme?

I have lost 37lbs and have got around 30lbs to go. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 184 lbs. I am doing low carb and am on 1200 cals (as MFP has suggested). I down usually eat back exercise cals (although I do occasionally dip into them). I do bootcamp 3 x per week and I walk / do a bit of treadmill for 30-60 mins most days.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies