Morning exercise...better for you?

Options
I'm a total morning freak, I'm up every morning at 6am but these past few days it hasn't been until 9am...wee sleep in :( I often workout in the morning but I was wondering should I do it before breakfast or after?? Sometime I do find it hard to exercise without breakfast firstly but then when I eat breakfast before I normally feel too full to move or will feel sick if I exercise.

Replies

• lizzie1030
    Options
    I get up at 4:30a every morning to exercise. I usually sit with a cup of coffee for 1/2 hour then I'm ready to go. However, on the weekends, I don't rush as much and if I start to get hungry before I exercise, I just have a greek yogurt. I do really prefer to exercise before I eat though, I just drink plenty of water.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get up early 3 x a week to run. Hot here. I get up 30 min. before I want to leave. I usually drink about 20oz. of water and eat around 200 cals of something high in carbs. When I get home I eat again. Usually another 300 cals.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Up at 4am, out the door by about 4:45am to hit the gym. I feel more invigorated for the day after having a workout in the morning. I have a great perk at work where I can leave straight from the gym and head to the full shower room that we have at work. No one uses it at all. Its allllllll mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!