women getting a sweat on at the gym

Options

Replies

• musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a man, lol. I work outside too, and when it's super hot out, I get drenched. I've noticed other girls I work with, and regardless of body type of fitness level, we all sweat differently, some more than others. I'm not the only one that sweats as much as I do, and some of us wonder how other girls don't seem to sweat at all. Those seem to be the girls with their hair done, their make up done, who always look pretty. I look like I work my *kitten* off, and I think that says a lot more about my character than my made-up, dolled up face, lol. I have always thought that someone that 'cleans up well' makes a far greater impression when they go out than someone who looks the same all the time. We're at the gym to work, so we look good outside the gym and when we're trying to make an impression. I want to look like a tough cookie who is working harder than everyone and inspires people, so bring on the sweat soaked shirts!

Don't think you're weird or anything, you're just you. Plus, you're probably working harder than most other people too. Sweat is a great statement of hard work, and the more YOU sweat, the harder you're working. There is no way someone working at 80% of their max heart rate (which is what we're aiming for in a good cardio workout) isn't going to sweat at some point in their workout. Some people are there just for the sake of saying they're there and they went to the gym. If you're there to bust your but, keep yourself fit and healthy and really give 'er, then you're going to want to sweat! :)
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just recently began sweating a lot. Wheb I first started working out, I didn't sweat much. Strangely, I've always wanted to be on eof those ppl that sweat a lot, I feel its a badge of honor...a visible sign of hard *kitten* work. ;-) within the past few months I've noticed I'll start sweating just as I'm warming up. so, I asked my sister(a doctor) 'what up with that. I actually likes weating a lot, like I sad, it makes me feel like I'm really working but felt likeafter over a year of working out I should be in beter shape. Her answer: you are, that's why u sweat more. As your body gets ued to more workouts, etc it becomesmore efficient at cooling itself. That's why athletes sweat TONS. So increased sweat is actually a sign of better physical fitness. Go figure! That def made me feel better ;-) hope it helps.

(Excuse the typos, using my phone)
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sweat when I go workout at the gym...when I go to spin classes I'm normally soaked in sweat by the time it's done.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I heard (don't jump on me) that you sweat more the fitter you are. When you are unfit you won't sweat as much.

I heard!
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wear a head band so the sweat isn't so much in my face, but I definitely get red and drippy sweat. What is the point of putting make up and doing your hair anyways if you are going to sweat. But that is how I know I worked hard.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am soaking drenched when I work out. It is really gross. Normal, but gross! It definitely increases with my fitness level too.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the sweating, it's a badge of honor for me, I'm just always nervous that I will smell. I always get nervous when someone gets on the machine next to me just in case I do. lol,
  • oceansablue
    Options
    The sweating part is fine by me, it's how I gauge how good of a workout I've had. If I'm out of breath and sweating then it's a good workout. If' not, no matter what that "calories burned" meter says it's not a good workout.

Kinda off topic sorry, but does it bug anyone else when you're at the gym getting your sweat on and the person next to you leans over to see what you're doing. It's like "um... hello, trying to exercise, not compete!"
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    By 15 minutes, I'm starting to sweat. I have a towel and I don't care. It looks like I'm working out, unlike my friend that never sweats LOL

And I've seen people SOAKED from top to bottom, so you keep going :)
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    SWEAT is proof of a good workout.

When I leave sweaty, Its like I've earned my peacock strut! :bigsmile:
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i sweat a lot i think but it doesnt show through on my shirts and pants because theyre usually black haha but if I wear a light colored shirt it still doesnt do me justice for how sweaty I actually am, I drip every where lol
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've heard that as your body becomes more efficient, you sweat more. I believe that because I've personally found it to be true. When I started working out a year ago, I didn't sweat very much. Now it pours down my body and I'm completely soaked by the time I'm done. :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I suck because I can't get myself to sweat worth a damn. My husband can sweat sitting, he says its because he's Italian.

I just can't sweat. I'll get sweaty armpits, leg pits *LOL*, but NOT my head, back, or legs. :\ And I'm running in 80-90 degree weather.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I SWEAT!!!! Even after just a mile on the treadmill, I am soaked. The woman who works there came up to me last week after my warm-up run and said "wow, that must have been a heck of a workout." I laughed and thought to myself...."if she only knew that was my warm-up." I am one of those that drips even, I mean I get off the treadmill and the bottom of the treadmill is spotted with sweat too!! But..I feel like if I am not sweating like that, I am not working hard enough. Besides...guys seem to think it's cool haha.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't believe this "if you don't sweat much, you aren't working out hard enough". I don't sweat in general as much as other people do, even when it's 100 degrees outside. I can work my butt off at the gym and sweat some, but it's not pouring off like it is my husband.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My coworker & I work out on lunch. Even if we just go for a walk on a cloudy day in cool temperatures, she has sweat rings. She's a sweater (per se). Now we are doing Body Revolution on our lunch break and while I sweat a bunch, she looks as though she jumped in the pool! I don't know why I don't sweat as badly as she does. I know I put in a lot of effort. Some people are just more efficient at cooling their bodies, I guess!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i`m soaking by the time I leave the gym

this.

like others have noted you have to choose the color of your clothes carefully especially the bottoms. darker colors are better.

the craziest place i get sweat soaked is my knees :laugh:
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot! I get super red in the face with sweat dripping off my nose. My arms sweat and so do my legs. Love it!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    <<
    DrEnChEd when finished... totally SoAkEd!
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not only do I sweat at the gym (when I do go) but I use my lunch break (half of it anyway) to get in a 2 mile power walk up a steep hill wiping sweat out of my eyes as I go, and return to work with my face bright pink after having practically bathed in the sink in the ladies room before putting on some fresh deodorant and getting back into my office attire. I can't stand those people who do their hair & makeup to go to the gym. Why bother going if you're not going to at least attempt a good workout?