HELP!

So my niece recently has been dabbling in not eating and purging. She isn't doing it everyday, but I know this is a very destructive path! How can I help her without preaching to her?

You need to know all of the women in her family have been over weight and she is terrified of it, and in the past year she has gained some weight just going through puberty and not playing as many sports with transitioning into a new school. Please help me figure out how to get her to understand that the healthy way is the best way...

Replies

• MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    bluntly, tell her shell look very fit and trim... in a casket

starvation and purging can lead to many many many problems such as esophageal problems from the purging as the acid eats the lining away, teeth decay (wont look to lovely with teeth loss from the acid), hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, liver/gallbladder/pancreas/digestive complications, not to mention her body will start breaking down muscle to sustain her energy... and I am not talking about only your thigh, biceps, etc... im talking about important one such as your heart muscle.

i am sure there are many resources on youtube.com, etc. that may have testimonials from others who grappled with it. That may help.