Can anyone tell me why im gaining weight?

Options
I dont understand this app at all. You know when you complete your daily entry and it shows how much you should weigh in 5 weeks? Mine said i should lose 16 pounds, its been 3 weeks of me sticking under 1600 calories and working out 6 days a week and i havent seen any weight off. I was 160 lbs in January and then i started running and shot up almost 25 pounds. Can anybody tell me whats going on? Im feeling very frustrated and just want to give up.

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    That "you would weigh x in 5 weeks" is merely a rough estimate based on what might happen if you ate the exact same thing every single day. You really can't count on it to be accurate.

As to why you're gaining, you'll probably want to open your diary for people so they can take a look and offer advice. You can change it by clicking My Home --> Settings --> Diary Settings.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I dont understand this app at all. You know when you complete your daily entry and it shows how much you should weigh in 5 weeks? Mine said i should lose 16 pounds, its been 3 weeks of me sticking under 1600 calories and working out 6 days a week and i havent seen any weight off. I was 160 lbs in January and then i started running and shot up almost 25 pounds. Can anybody tell me whats going on? Im feeling very frustrated and just want to give up.

I am confused. You profile says you are a member only a FEW days(august2012), gained 25 pounds since January. Why would you be confused by MFP?
  • RunningMatt77
    RunningMatt77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    if you are doing lots of cardio and are still gaining weight then something is wrong. Is the food you eating healthy and not 1600 cals of big macs. Also you may want to go to your doctor and get check out to make sure there is no health problem