Nose job?

Options
Hanni
Hanni Posts: 158 Member
Hi everyone.

I hate my nose. Always have done. I am playing with the thought of making myself a "Goal Weight Reached" - present and go for a nose job. It is not going tobe anything major, just the front bit of my nose (which currently looks a bit piggy) should be reshaped.

I would like to hear from people who have had a nose job. I dont really trust in reviews that clinics publish on their websites, so would prefer real life experiences...

how badly did it hurt?
how long did it take to heal?
any complications?

etc.

Look forward to your replies.:flowerforyou:

Thanks!

H x

Replies

• katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    I had surgery on a deviated septum when I was 16. While I was under, they also shaved down some bone and scar tissue from 3 separate fractures earlier in life. I had what I call a ski jump nose. I had a little split on my nose for about 2 weeks. Other than the side effects of the anesthesia and pain for about a day that was controllable with meds, it was a good experience. Healed nicely and quickly. However, I think I had quite a different procedure than you are planning.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I had the deviated septum job w/ some bone removed also, mine was all done internally so no incision, they worked from my sinus cavity! So glad I had it done would do it again even with an incision!

293731.png
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    I sent you a message on your email in resonse to this due to the graphic nature. Please check it and let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    the biggest thing that I know is the swelling can be pretty bad, and it can take months to see the full results afterwards... I've always wanted to get one too, I probably never will because my nose really isnt all that bad, its just wider & rounder than I want... anyway I work in mortgages and I did a loan for a plastic sergean and was told that its best to get it done young, because the pain & swelling should be less and you'll recover faster.

good luck!
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    I personally haven't had a nose job but I did have surgery 2 months ago and i'm still recovering. But my best friend had a nose job. When you initially get the surgery done you are put under so dont feel anything but recovering is painful.They have to break your nose and they stick a very long fabric in your nose to absorb the blood and you can feel it coming from your head! Took my friend about a month or so to fully recover. But with the the pain she went through, she loves her new nose. She definitely gained a lot of self confidence. She broke her nose before so it was crooked so she wanted to fix it.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hi all

thanks so much for taking the time to reply and tell me your experiences.
    i dont actually want my nose to be broken. the shape from the side is nice, i really like it if i may say so myself :blushing: it's just the front of the nose, when you look at my face from the front, that looks too wide and too round for my face... i really hate it :grumble: so i suspect they will just take away some cartilage from the tip and make my nostrils smaller.

to me it feels as well that since i put on weight, it has gone worse... do you think that's possible? putting on weight on your NOSE? :ohwell:
    if so, then it might improve a little bit once i reach goal weight. hopefully.

but if not, once i get to goal weight, i will definitely consider getting it done. i think it would boost my confidence no end.