NEED HELP

Options
I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE, I WEIGHED MYSELF AND FOUND THAT AFTER 2 MONTHS OF SLACKING I HAVE GAINED 7 LBS AND DON'T LIKE IT.. YESTERDAY I STARTED BACK TO EXERCISING AGAIN BUT FIND IT HARD TO GET MOTIVATED LIKE I WAS BEFORE...

Replies

• moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    getting re-motivated always takes a bunch of effort. I've just recently re-motivated after slacking for about 2 months. I had to do a lot of stern talkin' to myself about what I want long term and how I can't give up because I've already lost a good amount of weight and seen results and I don't want all that effort to be for nothing, etc. etc. Just keep giving yourself pep-talks. and start with doing just one thing each day. that's how I got back into working out after a 4 week hiatus. I said, ok it's cold and rainy so I can't ride my bike and I don't feel like going downstairs (our gym is in the basement) and riding the eliptical...so I brought my stability ball upstairs and just did abs. I told myself that's all I had to do. well it sort of sucked me back into working out - I did abs and then the next night just did abs, then the next I wanted to do a little more so I walked on the treadmill, and it has snowballed back into regular workouts. you can do it just do one thing each day - skip dessert or whatever your thing is. If you do one thing a day it doesn't seem so daunting.