Power 90 anyone?

Options
I'm trying to find another hard core workout dvd other than insanity. I was looking into all the beach body programs and power 90 strikes me. I'm wanting to tone but cardio won't be so bad either. If anyone would like to share insights on this particular dvd or any other that works for toning :). And I'm a sucker for before and after photos so feel free to post them as well :)

Replies

• Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump....

I hate posting topics because no one ever answers them!!
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is the easy version of P90X. Mostly for beginners. If you just did Insanity, you should do P90X instead which will be more intense than Power90 :)
  • zuluf15
    zuluf15 Posts: 7
    Options
    I finished Power 90 about 3 months ago -- it's a good program if you're starting out or have let yourself get out of shape (like I did). If you've been doing any regular cardio, then the cardio workouts probably won't be too challenging. The strength workout is pretty good -- you go through two or three cycles of chest-back-shoulders-biceps-triceps-legs. Pretty well hits all the major muscle groups. The only complaint I've heard it that there's not much variety and the workouts get repetitive -- there's only the two workouts: strength and cardio. When you move to the "advanced" workouts, they're the same, you just add another set of the same exercises for cardio, while you modify the strength exercises to make them somewhat more challenging and add another set that targets specific muscles. I didn't mind the repetition since I liked being able to get into a routine and challenge myself to improve on every workout. All-in-all, I'd recommend it, but by the end of 90 days it was definitely time to move on.
    If you're in better shape and Power 90 is too easy, but you don't want to ramp up to something like P90X or Insanity, the Power 90 Master Series is a pretty good "in between" program. I started the Master Series right after Power 90 and just finished. It's similar to Power 90, plus they add several additional workouts, so there's no danger of getting bored doing to same two workouts over and over. You vary the workouts in three week cycles like P90X, but the workouts themselves just aren't as intense as P90X. When I started the Master Series after Power 90, it was pretty challenging, but towards the end of the 90 days it was starting to get too easy. I'm definitely ready to start P90X now.
    Hope that answered some of your questions, and let me know if there's anything else you need to know.
    Good luck,
    Z
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think you would love chalean extreme!! If you would like a video link to it message me :) it is one I am thinking about doing next.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Options
    I think you would love chalean extreme!! If you would like a video link to it message me :) it is one I am thinking about doing next.

I so want to do Chalean extreme! I'm wanting to tone and drop a few more pounds and I think that dvd will help me achieve that but then again I didn't lose anything on Insanity...could have been my poor eating habits too.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Options
    Power 90 is the easy version of P90X. Mostly for beginners. If you just did Insanity, you should do P90X instead which will be more intense than Power90 :)

Thank you!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I say tackle P90X and modify... if you stick to it, you won't be disappointed! :) and after 3 months of that, hit P90X2... you will have amazing results!
  • 207alicia
    207alicia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day... 38 of P90X. I was think of a second round. How does P90X2 differ? Thanks!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm on day... 38 of P90X. I was think of a second round. How does P90X2 differ? Thanks!

P90X is a fitness program. You work major muscle and do some cardio and yoga.

P90X<2 is and athletic training program. You connect all the muscles your built in P90X.

You'll work your core and balance in Phase 1, You'll add resistance back in Phase 2 and In Phase 3 you'll kick it up a notch
    with P.A.P training. Google P.A.P but the guy (can't remember his name), that won the slam dunk contest at the NBA All Star Game
    trains P.A.P

P90X<2 is not as hard (intense wise) as P90X but it's a great all around solid program.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Options
    I say tackle P90X and modify... if you stick to it, you won't be disappointed! :) and after 3 months of that, hit P90X2... you will have amazing results!
    Will def have to modify. I have no place for a pull up bar in my home as I live in a trailer.
  • Jeanyusjean
    Jeanyusjean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did P90X for three weeks and I modifed since I didn't have a pull up bar. So I just used my dumbells to mimick the movements. But I just started Power 90 on Monday and I want to complete it all the way through and then give P90X another try.