Anyone else looking for a SIZE and not a SCALE number?

Options
Just had an epiphany on another forum that my focus has been on getting into a size 8 -- and not trying to reach a number on the scale!! Anyone else have a goal for a certain size -- from the other comments I was the only one!!!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My goal is a size 4. Right now I am between a 6 and an 8
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yup - just trying to get my head around this too! Am at maintenance and refuse to touch those scales as I am now seriously strenght training - scales are the enemy!
  • marmarlaw
    Options
    I am trying not to focus on either... I just want to get healthy and hope that a new size and scale number reflect the hard work!! :)
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a size 6 again, but I'm not overly worried. My current goal is about 9 pounds. I'm not sure I'd drop to a 6 with that. We'll see how I feel after I meet my goal and go from there.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Mine is not even a size goal, but a general health goal. I guess first I'd like to get into a size 12 (I'm a barely 20 about to be solidly in an 18) and see how fit I am. If being fit and healthy gets me into an 8 or 10, then great, but the overall goal is to be able to swim a mile without stopping, or to run even a little bit without feeling like I'm going to die.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I want both. I wanna be around 150 pounds and either a size 10-12. It depends on where I am when I get there though. :laugh:
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to shop in the 5-7-9 store. Have never ever been able to do that. Now I'm not even sure it still exists. But ya, my goal is to be at least a size 9. Don't care what my weight is if I can fit in that and look ok. I am currently in a loose size 18 (started in a tight 24-26)
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    As much as I want to lose weight, the scale number is not as important to me as fitting back into my 10/12 wardrobe hanging in the closet. Health and size are driving me to lose. not the scale.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    yer my goal is uk size 14....... its only 20 pounds away from now, i find it easier thinking of a size rather than weight. xxx
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    If I could be a size 10-12 at the weight I am at now, I would be done with losing and focusing on maintaining. So the number really doesn't matter to me. To an average height woman a size 10-12 will probably look like a size 6-8 on me if that makes any sense. Keep in mind I am 6 feet tall so people think I am smaller than I actually am. The weight has more space to spread out.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'll take being an 8! As long as everything is mostly firm at that 8! If not, then perhaps a 6. I guess I'll have to see IF I get there, lol. ;)
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    I'm looking at both.

I'm currently a size 9 because I just had a baby. I'm hoping to get back into a 7 by Halloween/Thanksgiving.

A 5 by Christmas and...

I used to be a size 1/3 in high school because I had an athletic frame then, I'm trying to get down to a 0/1 by my birthday next April since I don't play sports anymore there's no reason to be a 3 =]
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get down to a 10. Even if I get down to the weight that I want (140), I wouldn't be able to fit into much smaller clothes than a size 10, and a M/L shirt. I'm really husky even without all the extra weight.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I'm between sizes 12-14 US and I would like to get down to a 10 US (maybe an 8 US but we shall if I fit in the 8 or 10 camp when I get closer to my goal weight).

Females in my family have large hips and thighs (even when they are/were extremely fit and slender) so I think the 10 is more likely than the 8.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I admit a lower number on the scale would look good to me but the more I am around here, the more I learn from others, it really is more about getting into clothing that actually has shape to it opposed to "tent like":laugh: or should I say "pear like" which is what I kinda look like:laugh: I can laugh because I am doing something about it. I think I would like to be back in my 3/4 's but, with the muscle I plan to gain I may end up at another size, hard to say, since clothing is made differently then many bodyshapes, or at least what I see out there. I think it would be fun to buy something that isn't stretchy, like the good ole 501's I used to love wearing:)

denise
  • Ver0n1ca
    Ver0n1ca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I reached what I thought was my goal weight and was miserable trying to stay there-eating like a rabbit and cutting way back on my social activities to avoid food and wine. So, I took a more realistic approach, started enjoying my life and added weight training. Now I have gained 8 lbs, wear the SAME SIZE but look better in it and can still enjoy an evening out with my friends. Winning!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my aim is a comfortable NZ size 8 (US 2, I think)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I would love to fit into a size 4/5, why I have no idea just because that's the number in my head. I'm currently in between sizes, a 6/7 is kind of loose but the 4/5 are still too snug...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was (goal met last year). My goal was to get back into a specific pair of size 8 jeans that I used to wear when my husband and I were dating (before marrying).
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a size 4/6. I also want to be in my BMI range so I chose 125 since it's right in the middle with wiggle room either way, but that's just a rough estimate. Once I hit the jean size I want or think I look thin enough I'm going to maintain.