Air Popped Popcorn (butter???)

Options
Now this sounds bad, but try it before you knock it down

Pop popcorn (air popped)
Spray w/cooking spray (butter flavor)
use popcorn salt

only calories are those you get from the popcorn and it is simply delicious. My workplace got me to try it and it is so yummy. I like to use extra spray and then I dash with the popcorn salt and stir, then spray again (real good) - salt, then stir and EAT.

Replies

• saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    You are my new HERO, I love popcorn so, so much, it's up there with Ice Cream with me! Thanks for the tip I can't wait to try it!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i've been doing this w/ "i can't believe it's not butter" that comes in a pump bottle.
    the spray helps the salt stick.

yum yum
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I'll have to give it a try. I'm not big on popcorn, but I have been eating those 100 cal packs on nights that I feel really hungry and/or snacky. The "butter" ones I just bought are terrible and tasteless, so maybe I'll fancy it up a bit with this idea and see how it works. :happy:
  • ClaudiaRN
    Options
    I have been doing it with Butter flavored PAM for several years now. It also works with regular salt too but the popcorn salt is finer and sticks better. You might want to try the popcorn seasonings like white cheddar it only adds about 2 cal and gives a new flavors. There are other flavors besides white cheddar but that's my favorite.

Happy snacking.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Even tastier...and without the chemicals in the spray fake "butter" is spray it with olive oil from a pump bottle.

I've been sprinkling cajun seasoning on it lately...very tasty :happy:
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Mmmm, cmriverside, I'll have to give that one a try that sounds pretty tasty!
  • bellastella86
    bellastella86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that one spray might have zero calories, but lots of sprays add up to calories. Be wary. I think the olive oil idea sounds great and heart healthy!